cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Refridgerator in Birmingham

Bruce_Kyles
Explorer
Explorer
So here's my dilemma. Got to Birmingham AL this afternoon and my Dometic fridge stopped. It went out 8 years ago and got fixed. Decided if it happened again would go residential route. But wasn't supposed to start at the beginning of 6 month trip and 700 mi from home. I have 4 house batteries so enough power but to not have inverter. The original owner only got one of the small 400 watt ones. So my question is does anyone know someone in the area that could: fix my unit or install a 1000 or 2000 watt inverter?
2003 Dutchstar (reskinned/paint 2009)
2016 Ford F150
6 REPLIES 6

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
A 1000W PSW inverter runs my 21 cuft Whirlpool with power to spare to run a TV. If you do a lot of dry camping I would add 2 more batteries and a bigger battery charger.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

wallynm
Explorer
Explorer
X2

Jim@HiTek wrote:
When you find leads on a tech, it's always best to run their companies name through RVServiceReviews to get a general idea of what kind of work they do and what fellow RVers say about them.
Have a Diesel Engine Diesel RV Club

Have a Freightliner FCOC Web Page

Living on the memories now
EX 02 DSDP 3567
EX 99 Coachmen
EX 86 Georgie Boy
EX 75 Winnie
EX 72 Sightseer
EX 68 Brave

THOSE THAT DO NOT KNOW HISTORY ARE DOOMED TO REPEAT IT

Jim
Explorer
Explorer
When you find leads on a tech, it's always best to run their companies name through RVServiceReviews to get a general idea of what kind of work they do and what fellow RVers say about them.
Jim@HiTek
Have shop, will travel!
Visit my travel & RV repair blog site. Subscribe for emailed updates.
Winnebago Journey, '02
Cat 330HP Diesel, 36.5', two slides.

mikestock
Explorer
Explorer
Daniel Humphreys does Whirlpool side by side in Tiffin motorhomes by the scores. He's located just outside of Red Bay, AL (Tiffin Mfg. plant). I don't know if he would tackle a Dutchstar but you could call him at 256-324-0457 or 662-676-9784. He's about 150 miles away, but they are professionals. Probably get you going in one day.

bowl2764
Explorer
Explorer
These folks are in Cottondale AL about 35 miles west of B-ham about 3/4 mile from interstate 20/59. They have not worked on my trailer personally but several camping friends have used them and are very happy with they work. Ask for Elliott or Jim.

https://countryroadsrv.com/

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
I have used Mobile Rv Repair 205-425-5110 and they did a fantastic job replacing my A/C on a short notice.
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian