cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Replacing TV

lucytravel12
Explorer
Explorer
The 12 volt TV in our '04 Pleasure Way Plateau bit the dust on our last trip. It's totally enclosed in a lovely corner cabinet over one of the twin beds; we can't see any screws or any way to start to get the old one out, much less put in a new one. Have any of you PW owners replaced the 12 volt built-in TV?
2004 Pleasure-Way Plateau TD
1987 Intervec Falcon

"Rockin" Retirement
11 REPLIES 11

ChiMom
Explorer
Explorer
Both the Facebook and Yahoo Pleasure-Way groups have people who can help you too, though Davydd probably hit the nail on the head here. When all else fails you can always call Phil Nickel at PW Industries. He helped build every PW, I think, or knows all details of their manufactured components.
Barbara, Florence, Rascal (bad chihuahua), and Annabelle (good girl turning bad)
Rainbow Bridge: Magoo (baddest chihuahua)
2007 Pleasure-Way Ford Excel TD: Miss Daisy

Davydd
Explorer
Explorer
I'd post photos but for some reason RV.net does not accept my Photobucket photos and I am pretty sure it is an RV.net problem because I just posted some photos in another forum.

My bottom panel was screwed in with Robertson head screws. It is recessed a tad and there is no way you see it unless you put your head under the cabinet and look up. Once you remove the bottom panel you have to reach up and unscrew two nuts and then pull the TV monitor out.

I posted some photos of all this some time ago in the Facebook Pleasure-way group.
Davydd
2021 Advanced RV 144 WB 2500 Class B
2015 Advanced RV Ocean One Class B

lucytravel12
Explorer
Explorer
My husband and I both have looked closely and there are no screws anywhere. That's my predicament! I don't want to mess up the cabinet, or any wiring trying to force the screen out.
1987 Intervec Falcon

"Rockin" Retirement

mkguitar
Explorer
Explorer
Nice one Davydd- can you help her find the screws on the closer panel- robertson head?

Mike

Davydd
Explorer
Explorer
The 2004 Plateau had a fixed cabinet and the TV was actually an analog computer monitor with a TV tuner. They didn't offer the swing away cabinet until 2006. I replace my TV with a digital flat screen mounted on a wall swing arm. To get the TV out you have to remove the bottom closer panel. It is screwed in. Then you have to reach up and unscrew two bolts that hold the TV in. Coincidentally those two bolt holes were exactly the spacing for the wall swing arm bracket.
Davydd
2021 Advanced RV 144 WB 2500 Class B
2015 Advanced RV Ocean One Class B

mkguitar
Explorer
Explorer
it may take a few days- you have to submit the VIN

how about posting pics in the meantime?

Mike

lucytravel12
Explorer
Explorer
No hinges and no screws either! I'm trying to join the PW owners group, but am having trouble. Do you remember if it takes a while to get membership confirmed?
1987 Intervec Falcon

"Rockin" Retirement

mkguitar
Explorer
Explorer
ah, maybe you could post a pic, you don't have a hinged model which can swing towards the front seats?
- as I look online I keep seeing reference to your model being a swing-out mount.
I can pics of a piano hinge on the rt side, on the left is a catch and then a ring pull to swing the tv...and behind is pretty much the same amp and electronic I have in my pics

PW on some models has screws up through the bottom of cabinets with small plugs over the screw heads.
there has to be a way in, I am sure.

have you tried the PW yahoo group?

mike

lucytravel12
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the detailed reply. Our problem is that we can't get INTO the old one. Our's doesn't swing out. There are no hinges, no screw holes, no indication of how to get into the cabinet. We've pulled on the outer edges of the old one, but it barely gives at all. Maybe it only this wa on the '04???
1987 Intervec Falcon

"Rockin" Retirement

reppans
Explorer
Explorer
I second the flat screen LED TVs that run natively on 12V... no need to run the inverter and suffer conversion losses. I got mine at Walmart also for ~$120ish.

mkguitar
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a 21" samsung at costco for $129.

it runs natively on 12 volt DC power...( it comes with a ac/dc adapter similar to a computer...)

it has a media player which will play movies and TV shows I load onto a thumb drive

has a pretty good autoscan

and a headphone out which I use to my coach stereo system

so in terms of wiring...the same power plug from the old tv

the same audio scheme- plug into headphone jack

same antenna

same dvd/vcr input

to replace:

remove wooden panel on inside of door, the old tv is mounted to that ( as least was on my '06)

I made a new bracket to hold the tv and mounted it to the swinging door- lining it up so that the door can open all the way and close all the way

link to pics:

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMyOyH7o9yQqe4xh65wglAqNsw3dkx3a_0NDr6JKeJ7uCQcINWp30Th5Syx0TDflQ?key=X3Fpbm8xX3pzYzdxVmhnQlBxS3JHX21aaTJTZGRn

mike