cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rhino Liner for front of class A motor coach

Explorer
Explorer
I am asking if any members have any experience with Rhino Liner cover for the front of their class A motorhome? I currently have a 3M clear vinyl cover on my Damon Tuscany coach that is now 8 years old and has blotches of mildew all over the front cover. The cost to remove the 3M cover is pricey and very labor intensive. I have an estimate of $350 to have a Rhino Liner installed over the 3M cover. Anyone have any information and guidance? Thank you!
16 REPLIES 16

sjholt
Explorer
Explorer
No, I didn't spray Al's Liner over any 3M film as the motorhome did have that on it. It did have a lot of rock dings tho and I roughly sanded them out as per instructions.
If you remove the film- don't worry about any slight scrapes on the front because the liner will cover it.
When I sprayed the liner- I got a smooth "pebbly" look. If you apply it carefully, you can achieve a smooth paint look. Oh ya, it's been 6 years now and absolutely no fading.

Skip H.
Skip
1996 32' Monaco Windsor DP
Cummins 5.9L 230+ HP
5 Airbags in front- 4 in back

MdMike1007
Explorer
Explorer
Not on the front but I have a product from Rhino that is similar sprayed on my 5th wheel roof. It has been there now since November.

There is absolutely NO water intrusion anywhere. It has held up under the extreme temps we had this winter as well as snowfall in Md. It has been hotter then 90 degrees most of this summer and it has held up to the heat.

I like it as a roof and would reccomend it highly.

I have seen it on the fronts of many pickups, as well as on rocker panels and fenders. It holds up. I have a friend that has a Toyota FJ Cruiser. He had the roof sprayed black, to match the truck as he hated the white roof.

OLYLEN
Explorer
Explorer
I had the rock guard paint applied two colors to the front of the DP. Gloss and a little ruff, looked good and very rock resistant. Any paint shop should be able to do it.

LEN

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
As hard as the film is to remove, not sure I'd worry about it not adhering... maybe the Rino adhering to it.

Skip, did you spray Al's over the film?
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45’...

hottiesdetailin
Explorer
Explorer
If you are in Florida my company can remove the Diamond shield or 3M for you in less than one day. If you have any questions on how to remove it yourself just let me know. if you would like us to do it, we charge $800-1000 to remove it, also includes a full exterior wash & detail on your RV!

hottiesdetailin
Explorer
Explorer
If you are in Florida my company can remove the Diamond shield or 3M for you. If you have any questions on how to remove it yourself just let me know 🙂

bluwtr49
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have seen several coaches with the rino lining on the front. In all cases the 3M film was removed, rino lining applied, and than repainted to original colors. I thought it was very nice and may have that done myself.

Under no conditions would I apply it over the existing film nor is it recommended. The film is not a good base plus if it was not deteriorating you would be considering the Rino Lining.

To do it right is not cheap but doing it wrong is really expensive.
Dick

2002 43' DP Beaver Marquis Emerald Cat C-12 505 HP, 1600 Tq
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland ---toad

luvlabs
Explorer
Explorer
3M makes both a solvent and tools to remove their film. Like rgatijnet1, I would urge you to remove the 3M material before you do anything to the front of the coach. Do a search diamond shield removal (people get confused between Diamond Shield and the 3M films) and you will that the 3M material is a lot easier to remove.
2017 Winnebago Navion 24V
2014 Tiffin Phaeton 36GH (sold)
2012 Tiffin Allegro 32CA (traded)
2012 Honda Fit

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
"sjholt"....How about a couple of photos of the front of your coach, so the OP can see how it looks and is wearing.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
I would hesitate to apply anything over top of the 3M vinyl. The longevity of the new application is entirely dependent on whether or not your already degraded 3M cover continues to adhere to the front of your RV.
I would remove the 3M material first and since it does not have to be neat, it should not be too much problem. Once you are down to the fiberglass, then have the Rhino Liner sprayed on with the new color.

sjholt
Explorer
Explorer
If you are a do it yourself type of guy, You could use Al's Liner and spray the front of the motorhome.
I did the lower half of the front with a dark blue tint that hasn't faded one bit and it has been 5 years since I sprayed it. Al's Liner can be tinted in lots of colors. Google Al's Liner.
Skip
1996 32' Monaco Windsor DP
Cummins 5.9L 230+ HP
5 Airbags in front- 4 in back

Explorer
Explorer
I am also considering having a bra made for the coach. Thanks for your comments! Travel safe!

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
I think it depends on how finicky you are about how your coach looks. I've tried both Rhino and Line-X bed liners and of the two, the Rhino seems to stay nicer looking longer, but they eventually turn grey and the color becomes uneven.

I've never tried any products on them to improve the look and it might be possible, but I think it would look unsightly after awhile. Even though a bra can be a pain in wet weather and dirty conditions, they look nice when kept up.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

Moved from Forum Technical Support