cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ride rite shocks

Mk1putt
Explorer
Explorer
Good afternoon - we have a 2015 Leprechaun with ride rite air shocks and wanting to know if anyone knows what air pressure I should be maintaining? Frankly I forgot we even had them (still new at all this) until last weekend thought our ride was a bit bouncy. Anyhow appreciate any input. Also I only saw one place to put in air. Should there be another value on the other side of the RV and I'm just missing it?

Thanks agsin
9 REPLIES 9

Mk1putt
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the heads up - bike pump it is! Appreciate it

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
clayway wrote:
I have a very similar set up & put 60 lbs in them, do not use a high powered compressor, use a bike pump

X2 bike pump or you may blow them!
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

Mk1putt
Explorer
Explorer
We have ride rite shocks

ronfisherman
Does your vehicle have Ride Rite shocks or bags?
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

tarnold
Explorer
Explorer
I run 65 drivers side, 60 on the other. Always travel with a full tank of water, which is on drivers side.raises rear about 2.5".

wearenh
Explorer
Explorer
we put the onboard pump in, and it is a breeze to keep correct!
2007 Gulf Stream 6211 (21' Shorty) Ford E350 V10
sometimes with #14 Racecar (18' KwikLoad Rollback)
sometimes with two gaited horses (Featherlite 9407)
sometimes just us camping with our dogs

Mk1putt
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for your information - very helpful. Like the input about using a bike pump. Gonna give that a try before our trip out next week!! Appreciate the info.

Thank you

clayway
Explorer
Explorer
I have a very similar set up & put 60 lbs in them, do not use a high powered compressor, use a bike pump

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
For most models of Firestone's RideRite helper springs, there is a minimum pressure (usually 5-10 psi) and a maximum LOADED pressure (might be around 85-100 PSI). Exact numbers vary model to model.

The pressure you should inflate them to is somewhere in between. What accomplishes your purpose. What they do is increase the spring rate, thus making the ride more firm and raise the ride height. To some extent they take some load off the steel springs, thus help carry load.

I've found that I can adjust mine by measuring height at the rear bumper in my "empty" configuration with minimum pressures, and inflate to the same height after loading. I find them useful to level from side to side (15-20 PSI difference) because I'm heavy on the street side when empty, but much of the load goes to curb side. So if I did not have separate inflation points for each side (two valves in the same utility bin, in my case) they would be less useful.

Most models are sized so that a set of two bags carries 5000 pounds at maximum inflation pressure.

Unless you are talking about something else entirely, because Ride Rite is not a shock absorber or a damper, it is a Firestone brand name for an air spring.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B