cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RV Resorts in Southern California

kampy1
Explorer
Explorer
Last year we spent a month in our 40 ft motorhome in Southern California - at The Dunes RV Resort in Newport Beach, CA. We want to be in that area because our son lives in that area. The Dunes, in our opinion was not acceptable. The lots were so small I couldn't even put out our awning! We would like to be no farther south than San Deigo - don't have to be on a bay/waterfront. Want to have a lot we can live on. Help.
21 REPLIES 21

Sluggo54
Explorer
Explorer
From OP:

Last year we spent a month in our 40 ft motorhome
DH = Bruce, DW = PK, DD = Maggie (Lab, Pointer, Viszla)RIP 4/13/2007
Apprentice Princess = Kaia Grace (Kelpie, RIP 8/4/2016) DD = Zoey, Carolina Dog
TV = 2005 Chev CC LWB Max & Allie SOLD
5'er = 2005 Excel R30CKW DEAL PENDING

RayChez
Explorer
Explorer
The original post states he has a 40 foot coach.
2002 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser
330 HP Caterpillar 3126-E
3000 Allison Transmission
Neway Freightliner chassis
2017 Buick Envision

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Before giving intelligent information, we really need to know the size of your rig. It's pretty easy to post that info when you ask for info or simply post it on your signature line.

Unitl then, there are spaces along the beach in San Onofre that will accept the largest rig. San Clemente SB does also but 2 point hookups only. Doheny SBP is my preference but I think their largest site is now up to 28'. Having grown up in Newport Beach, I can give you all kinds of help, but we really need the rig size to do so....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
There are not many places in Orange County but you might try Canyon RV. About 20 miles from Newport Beach.

It sets in a park like setting, close to FWY and easy access to where you may want to go. Park is nice, spaces are large and it's usually pretty quiet aside from the freeway noise.

The $300 weekly rate is really cheap for this area.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

BobGed
Explorer
Explorer
I would highly recommend the Santee Lakes Campground It's a huge layout with some very large sites for 40' plus coaches. The only problem is if you're looking for month long reservation between now through the winter, they are most likely booked up, but it wouldn't hurt to try.
2017 Tiffin Phaeton 40QBH
2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited

tkcas01
Explorer
Explorer
It is quite a hike from Newport Beach to San Diego, and the traffic on I-5 can be horrendous. Just saying, if it were me I'd try to find something as close to him as possible. Unfortunately, there are not alot of attractive, affordable options.
Roaming Full Timer

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
Kampy1, how big is your RV?

There is a RV park in Orange, CA, called Orangeland that is 18 miles inland from Newport Dunes. The spaces aren't huge but we had room for our awning.

The only other place that we've stayed is the Mission Bay RV Park, in San Diego.

A lot will depend on the size of your RV, there are State parks along the ocean at Carlsbad, CA.

Good luck,
MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins