cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rv specific soap and waxes

jusfloors
Explorer
Explorer
Recommendations for soap and finishes for fiberglass siding or is the dish soap we use and spray Wax sufficient or same thing. let me know thanks
20 REPLIES 20

bcbouy
Explorer
Explorer
any boat wash product.i used meguiars boat wash or the gel wash if it was really covered in bugs.
2012 ram 2500 hemi crew cab sb 4x4 2015 northstar 850 sc 14.5 g3 guide custom fly fishing boat

s_N_s
Explorer
Explorer
I've always used Blue Coral wash and wax on the cars and motor home. It's a name brand but not expensive at all. I get it at Walmart. As far as wax I've used many brands but have resorted to P-21S. I purchase it from Amazon. A little goes a long way. I've not tried any of the new ceramic coating products on the market as of yet.
Steve & Sally
Hudson (Our Little Pom)
HiTee, Houston & Heidi (Forever In Our Hearts and Never Forgotten)
04 NEWMAR MACA 3778 W22
05 pt Cruiser Vert 5 speed
Demco baseplate with Commander Tow Bar

"Never try to outsmart your common sense"

way2roll
Navigator
Navigator
This is my first year using wash wax all and it's fantastic. Easy to use and a great shine. Previously I used any car wash I had on hand.

Jeff - 2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

donkeydew
Explorer
Explorer
gel gloss rv wash and wax

olfarmer
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, definitely use car wash soap not dish soap. Dish soap will take what ever wax you have off while most car was soaps are designed not to do that. I never use dish soap on my vehicles.
Ed & Ruby & the 2 cats
2001 Winnebago Brave 30W
7.4 gas Work Horse Chassis
99 Jeep Grand Cherokee

wjschill
Explorer
Explorer
OK...This is going to seem crazy, but here goes.

Tiffin recommends a mixture of baby shampoo and vinegar...not sure of the ratio, as I don't have the manual in front of me.

We live on a lake and have many windows about 12 feet high. As I get older, climbing a ladder every spring gets less inviting.

My neighbor had some guys from Louisiana washing his house, including windows. They gave me their recipe which was a mixture of Dawn dish detergent and vinegar. Spray it on...rinse it off.

I thought...Better than climbing a ladder, so I tried it.
Came out pretty good, with no scrubbing.
But, I found that after the rinse, spraying down with demin water in a pump up sprayer worked great, with no spots.
So, I'm going to try the Tiffin mixture followed by the demin water on my first wash.
We just bought the coach a couple weeks back, so haven't tried it yet.

I'll post after my wash...Good Luck.

Skip
KillingTime

PastorCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
Nu Finish is the recommendation of Automotive Professional Refinishers. I use it on all my vehicles and Motorhome.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
jusfloors wrote:
Recommendations for soap and finishes for fiberglass siding or is the dish soap we use and spray Wax sufficient or same thing. let me know thanks

Any good grade of automotive product.. Meguiar's Seems to be popular with many of my friends.

I've used it, Turtle wax (ICE) about the only one I'd not recommend is any paste wax unless you have a long time to work on it.

NOTE one request if you can:
Make a trip. Notice and record gas used on that trip (Figure MPG)
Then make the same trip after the wax job and again figure MPG.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Thermoguy
Explorer II
Explorer II
A note on this - only use dish soap when washing a vehicle if you want to remove any wax that is on it. Do not use dish soap for general washing of any vehicle, trailer, etc.

A decent automotive soap is a good choice. I use the one from Costco...

rocmoc
Explorer
Explorer
Why is this in RVing in Mexico and South America? Is this a joke I`m not getting?

rocmoc n Th SoutWest USA (Baja next winter)
rocmoc n Great SouthWest USA

Someone above mentioned oxidized paint---Years ago I had a DP like that and someone mentioned using Red Max floor wax on it. Had to be careful to not have any bubbles but after going over it 3 times it shined like new. I did it each spring and it left here looking like new and included a gallon of that wax. I think it has a different name now days.

jusfloors
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks folks, the Rainex seems to be what the companies spray on as they wash the rigs in the RV parks. Will try that too.

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wash Wax All.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
I use Rainex car wash on cars and RV. Seems to, as advertised, reduce water spotting. Will follow up, but not every time with Wash Wax All.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT