cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S. Calif/Inland Empire Windshield Recommendation

CVD
Explorer
Explorer
A long standing crack in the upper passenger side has finally expanded to where it hit’s the edge; time to replace that half of the windshield. Given the crack initially occurred a couple years ago (a couple insurers ago), I may be paying for this myself. Any recommended windshield shops or mobile business in So Calif/Inland Empire? Any to avoid?

Thanks,
Cliff

1999 Itasca 34V DP
2000 Jeep Wrangler
2014 Honda CRV
8 REPLIES 8

CVD
Explorer
Explorer
M&L Auto Glass (323-992-5897) just did the install. Hector came by yesterday to check out the molding and confirm nothing extra would be needed. Hector and Mario came by this morning and did the install. I'm pleased with the service and price.
Cliff

1999 Itasca 34V DP
2000 Jeep Wrangler
2014 Honda CRV

supercub
Explorer
Explorer
Call Redlands Truck and RV and see who they recommend.
Brian

sd1209
Explorer
Explorer
From experience--

Avoid RV Glass Solutions in San Diego...They sent out the 3 stooges to do mine and I ended up going to Phoenix to get it done right.....The outfit they contract with for San Diego County (at least when I needed them 9 mos ago) is out of Chula Vista, south of San Diego......Beyond incompetent.......

Others have had good experience with RV Glass Solutions..I just got the bottom of the barrel.....
Steve and Liz
Elko, Nv and San Diego, Ca
2017 Lance 1172
2016 F350 dually
2010 Jeep Wrangler

msmith1199
Explorer II
Explorer II
Give your insurance a try. Just tell him it had a crack that was not a safety issue so you never replaced it, but the crack expanded and is now a safety issue. I would bet they'll cover you, but only if you tell them before you have it replaced.

I was camping with a friend a few weeks ago and on the way to the campground he took a huge chunk of concrete in the windshield that fell off a truck. He called his insurance from the campground and they sent out Safelight Auto glass the next day to the campground and the guys replaced the windshield while we all sat around drinking beer and watching.

2021 Nexus Viper 27V. Class B+

2019 Ford Ranger 4x4

CVD
Explorer
Explorer
D.E.Bishop wrote:
Call M&L Auto Glass, the number is LA but he goes all over,

323-992-5897

Wow – quite a range in quotes. High is $1, 350- from "Mobile RV Glass" (found them on Craigslist). Low is $650- from M&L (thank you David). The $650- M&L quote is for Guardian glass, installed at my place.

Keep the referrals coming (assuming you’ve had a positive experience). I’ll check a couple more; then likely go with M&L.
Cliff

1999 Itasca 34V DP
2000 Jeep Wrangler
2014 Honda CRV

PCarnathan
Explorer
Explorer
Call Mark Miller, the franchise owner at the Murrieta Glass Doctor. I've done a ton of business with him. He's a no-nonsense straight shooter and a nice guy as well.

Pat in Menifee, CA
www.patcarnathan.com
2009 Mandalay 43A
2009 Honda CR-V Toad
2011 Toyota Tacoma
2013 Honda Goldwing
2003 Honda TRX400ex (2)
2005 Honda Aquatrax F12-X (2)
2016 Yamaha YXZ1000R

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Would you travel North - Bay Areas Auto Glass installed windshield on my Superduty for $120 and on Mercedes with rain sensor for $199
They come to my place and use US made glass.

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
Call M&L Auto Glass, the number is LA but he goes all over,

323-992-5897
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II