2008 National Pacifica V36a
2014 Jeep Wrangler /Brake Buddy
JUST Me & My wife & dogs ๐Ÿ™‚
FMCA 387898
A member of NUTS

wynnd
Explorer
Explorer
Another vote for Skidaway Island State Park....nice campground.
2007 Fleetwood Terra 34N X2 w/bunks

richbes
Explorer
Explorer
We just stayed at Camp Lake Jasper in Hardeeville. Exit 8 off 95. Nice campground, well keep. Stayed a week over Thanksgiving and went to Savannah several times about a 20 min drive.

dcbrewer
Explorer
Explorer
We have stayed at Savannah Oaks And Tybee Islands rivers edge campground, and we prefer Rivers Edge. But you have to drive thru Savannah to get to rivers edge.

tsetsaf
Explorer III
Explorer III
Red Gate is always well rated Red Gate

A lot of other choices too See them
2006 Ram 3500
2014 Open Range
"I don't trust my own advise!"

anemic
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed right downtown overnight. I think they call it the visitor's center. It's just a large parking lot with friendly security lights and long RV/bus spaces. We didn't need hookups and I don't recall seeing any, but there may have been some? Overnight parking cost something like $8. Everything was walking distance - or shuttles pick you up right there. If you drove into Savannah for the day in your car, you'd park in that lot. I think you can park there a couple nights. We loved Savannah. Walking around town seeing such rich history was a privilege and a treat.
Noob, 1996 Tiffin Allegro Bay 28' since May 2011

scrubjaysnest
Explorer
Explorer
tommy g wrote:
Check on Skidaway Island State Park.

This our choice, have stayed here several times.
Axis 24.1 class A 500watts solar TS-45CC Trimetric
Very noisy generator :M
2016 Wrangler JK dinghy
โ€œThey who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.โ€ Benjamin Franklin

Phil___Stephie
Explorer
Explorer
Skidaway Island.

Phil & Stephanie Grey

"Partners In Life"
2016 Allegro 36LA
2007 Chevy HHR
Yorkies; Paisley Marie & Opie Taylor

prstlk
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed outside at a koa. They had a free shuttle to and from downtown. One of the cool things about savanna is the hop on hop off tour buses. Pay once and ride all day, stay at each stop as long as you like, or walk to the next one. Be sure to eat at Mrs. Wilkes boarding house, cash only. Do the cemetery tour, and haunted tour. Red the book and watch the movie, midnight in the garden of good and evil. The waterfront has great seafood......can you tell we like Savanah?
2007 Keystone Challenger 5th wheel, Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7L Diesel, Short Bed, 2 dogs and the cat and rolling down the road full time since May 2014

bobtucker
Explorer
Explorer
In March of this year we stayed at Red G

March of this year we stayed at Red Gate Campground. Very Nice and would stay there again. While in Savannah, Go see the shows at the Old Savannah Theater, two different show and well worth the money,

tommy_g
Explorer
Explorer
Check on Skidaway Island State Park.
1998 Bounder 36s F53 460 V8 Banks power & Honda Accord toad

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
Mr. Cableguy, we recently stayed at the Red Gate Campground and RV resort in Savannah. It was very convenient to the downtown area (great restaurants).

My brother and his wife brought their RV, they had full hook-ups, we had just electric and water. Since we have large tanks (189 gal. fresh, 189 holding), we were fine for several days. The campground has a nice country feel, especially in the area we were located (no one around us).

The hosts were very gracious and wanted to make sure our stay was satisfactory.

MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

bullydogs1
Explorer
Explorer
We were at Tybee Island. (can't remember the name of the campground) and it was about 20 minutes outside of Savannah...there is also a KOA near Savannah as well.
Stuart and Stella Denning
2016 Entegra Aspire 42RBQ
The 3 Bulldogs (Daisy, Sylvie and Stashie)
2018 Equinox Diesel (TOAD)