cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

sewer drain on passenger side

American_Chi_s
Explorer
Explorer
I'm looking at purchasing a used 2002 Coachman Mirada 300QB Class A. For whatever reason, although elect & water are on drivers side like most, the gray/black sewerage exit is on passenger side. Is this workable? Any suggestions?
13 REPLIES 13

PastorCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
Probably built for the European market where everyone is left handed. :B

kcmoedoe
Explorer
Explorer
Effy wrote:
Some units are built that way, typically when the bathroom or toilet is on the passenger side. The ACE 29.2 is built like that and the solution (from the factory) was to install a macerator with the hose on the other side. The tank gate valves are linked via cable and the switch for the macerator is in the same bin. I love having the macerator and it makes things so much easier and cleaner. If you can have that setup installed you can dump from either side. Just install the macerator in the pass side bin and run the hose up over or around the tanks to a bin on the other side. A hassle to do but once it's done it makes things much easier. And with a macerator there is no dependence on gravity. You can run the hose wherever it's easiest as opposed to standard slinky lines which you have to be more creative about how/where to run it since it must have a downhill flow.
Love the Macerator. However, your situation is different from the OP in that when yours came from the factory, all the controls and hoses necessary to dump were on the utility side of the RV. Apparently the rig the guy is looking at cannot be dumped from the utility connection side and to me that would be a deal ending problem. Still sounds like it was a modification and not a factory decision to put the sewer on the wrong side. If it was a factory decision, it sure was a stupid one and if they are so out of touch with how a rig operates that they would do that, I would be afraid there were other things in that rig that would be equally puzzling and stupid.

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
DSDP Don wrote:
I doubt that Coachman built the motor home that way. A previous owner probably modified it for a piece of property where it was parked. It should be easy to return it to the other side.
X-2

bluwtr49
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would probably pass on that issue alone. To big of a PITA and you would regret the purchase every time ol stinky had to be snaked under the coach to the connection.
Dick

2002 43' DP Beaver Marquis Emerald Cat C-12 505 HP, 1600 Tq
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland ---toad

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
Some units are built that way, typically when the bathroom or toilet is on the passenger side. The ACE 29.2 is built like that and the solution (from the factory) was to install a macerator with the hose on the other side. The tank gate valves are linked via cable and the switch for the macerator is in the same bin. I love having the macerator and it makes things so much easier and cleaner. If you can have that setup installed you can dump from either side. Just install the macerator in the pass side bin and run the hose up over or around the tanks to a bin on the other side. A hassle to do but once it's done it makes things much easier. And with a macerator there is no dependence on gravity. You can run the hose wherever it's easiest as opposed to standard slinky lines which you have to be more creative about how/where to run it since it must have a downhill flow.
2013 ACE 29.2

kcmoedoe
Explorer
Explorer
My experience is different than the previous poster. I have never seen a park that had sewer hookups on both sides of the parking pad. There is no way the rig came with the sewer outlet on the passenger side, it has to be a home-made modification. If you are going to be traveling and using RV parks it would be a deal breaker if you couldn't get it restored to the original utility side position. Having to run your sewer hose under the rig each time you wanted to hook up would be a major pain. I would even think most parks wouldn't allow such a set up (assuming they knew, which they wouldn't) because there would be no way for you to "walk" the remaining waste from the outlet on your rig into the campground's sewer pipe. You would have to drag it from under rig instead, leaving a trail of waste across the site, nice touch for the next guest.

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
We have been to many campgrounds that have sewer hookups on both sides of the parking site as well as sewer drains at both ends and in the middle of the parking area. I don't think you would have any problem but it might be a good idea to carry a few extra lengths of hose with you.
When we travel, we only hook up to the the sewer drain one a week or so to empty our tanks so in most cases, where the sewer drain is located at most RV parks is not a big concern. If the floor plan is something you can live with, the sewer drain location would not be a deal breaker to me.

Golden_HVAC
Explorer
Explorer
Hi,

I would also be checking the options to moving the dump to the other side. It should not be to difficult.

Are the tanks located on the passenger side or drivers side? Or in between?

You might find fittings here. Tank-Depot.com

Fred.
Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a

Porsche or Country Coach!

If there's a WILL, I want to be in it!

I havn't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

Kangen.com Alkaline water

Escapees.com

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
I doubt that Coachman built the motor home that way. A previous owner probably modified it for a piece of property where it was parked. It should be easy to return it to the other side.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

amandasgramma
Explorer
Explorer
It's a PITA, but it can be done. Our friends have one like that. Crazy that it would be built like that. It wasn't modified, he said it came from the factory like that. Extra long tubing is needed in case you don't find a "double" dump station.
My mind is a garden. My thoughts are the seeds. My harvest will be either flower or weeds

Dee and Bob
plus 2 spoiled cats
On the road FULL-TIME.......see ya there, my friend

Bionic_Man
Explorer
Explorer
I guess it depends on where you camp. I think it may be a PITA if you go to full hook up campsites. We rarely go to those types of campgrounds, we almost always dry camp and dump on the way out. Wouldn't be much of an issue if you camp that way.
2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

msmith1199
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'd want to know if it came from the factory that way. Otherwise why did somebody modify to do that and if it was modified, was it done right? Doesn't make much sense to me.

2021 Nexus Viper 27V. Class B+

2019 Ford Ranger 4x4

JimM68
Explorer
Explorer
I've never seen a campground with a sewer hookup on the pass side, nor a dumpsite.

If you carry enough hose, it's always do-able.

Note that Mirada is very much an entry level machine. Check it close, make sure everything works, make sure it drives and handles in a way you can "handle". and it should be pretty affordable.
Jim M.
2008 Monaco Knight 40skq, moho #2
The "68"
My very own new forumfirstgens.com

My new blog