cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Short Diesel Pusher

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
I often see some looking for a short DP. This one is not mine and don't know anything about it. I do know these CCs don't last for sale to long and fetch a pretty good $$

Shorty
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU
16 REPLIES 16

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
mike brez wrote:
dons2346 wrote:
For someone wanting a 32 CC, it looks like a good coach. It will be interesting to see what the final bid will be. Most I have seen are selling up into the 60's.

For those asking about handling,they handle just fine. I put some mileage on one for a friend. It had the ISL and went like crazy

I'm going to watch this one just to see what it goes for

After a closer look, it doesn't have the rear slide as advertised

I didn't read the whole ad but pictures show front apposing slides and what I read of the ad.

OVERVIEW

Yup, you be right, two slides in the front

bluwtr49
Explorer II
Explorer II
If it's anywhere near as good as it looks, it should easily top 50K and perhaps a bit more. Those are very nice coaches.
Dick

2002 43' DP Beaver Marquis Emerald Cat C-12 505 HP, 1600 Tq
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland ---toad

FIRE_UP
Explorer
Explorer

...and also, only 18,200 miles on an almost 14 year old coach?

Means nothing. All it is, is that it wasn't used, big deal. I just bought an '03 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with only 28,000 on it. It's a flawless Jeep. If we were in the market, I'd be bidding right along side all those folks. A little wear on the cabinetry, again, that's what stain is for. A little sanding, cleanup and, some stain and sealer and, your cabinets are as good as new.

That goes for all the rest of the coach too. A little digging into some maintenance, checks here and there and, you're good to go. That's one nice coach. It's exactly what we want. I'd bet that coach's bid is raised to a minimum of $60K before it's sold.
Scott
Scott and Karla
SDFD RETIRED
2004 Itasca Horizon, 36GD Slate Blue 330 CAT
2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext Cab 4x4 Toad
2008 Caliente Red LVL II GL 1800 Goldwing
KI60ND

Cloud_Dancer
Explorer II
Explorer II
A Bounder???
Man, you have no idea how well-designed, high-quality this Country Coach is,....no comparison to Bounder.
Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

frankdamp
Explorer
Explorer
We almost bought a 30' DP back in about 2005. I think it was a Bounder, but not sure. It was on a local used car lot, so it might have belonged to someone working there. Can't remember the model year, but KBB priced it at $26K. The dealer was asking $45K and refused to negotiate.

It was still on the lot 2 years later and the dealership went bankrupt just a couple of weeks after the rig disappeared from the lot. Whether it actually sold, I don't know - maybe the original owner rescued it.

After driving transit for a couple of years, sometime later, I was relieved that we hadn't bought the rig. The ride quality of our 30 ft. coaches wasn't very good because of the short wheel base. You could put up with it when being paid to drive it, but I would not have been pleased with that kind of fore/aft pitching in an RV.
Frank Damp, DW - Eileen, pet - female Labrador (10 yrs old), location Anacortes, WA, retired RVers (since Dec 2014)

Ductape
Explorer
Explorer
Hard to tell from photos. I have stepped into some used units that looked good on the small screen, and within ten seconds of walking in I was walking back out.
49 States, 6 Provinces, 2 Territories...

mtrumpet
Explorer
Explorer
DSDP Don wrote:
Well that reinforces my question.....why hasn't it sold? It's a gorgeous coach in the photo.

...and also, only 18,200 miles on an almost 14 year old coach? Mine is a 2002 and I've got right around 100,000 on mine, and we're not full timers.
Mark & Cherie
2002 Newmar Dutch Star DP 3872, Cummins 350 ISC, Spartan Chassis

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nice little coach but I think I would pass. Some of the pictures bring a lot of questions concerning actual use beyond mileage. The worn finish off the kitchen cabinets was the first item to catch my eye.
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
Well that reinforces my question.....why hasn't it sold? It's a gorgeous coach in the photo.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
DSDP Don wrote:
It's a beautiful coach. I know for a fact that quality short coaches sell the minute they go up for sale. So I have to ask.....why is this one on Ebay. I know that if it was on the RV dealer lot here in town, it would be sold by Friday.

Will it command more on Ebay than on a lot?

Its on rvtrader also

32CC

And rvt32CC
2015 Wrangler JKU

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
It's a beautiful coach. I know for a fact that quality short coaches sell the minute they go up for sale. So I have to ask.....why is this one on Ebay. I know that if it was on the RV dealer lot here in town, it would be sold by Friday.

Will it command more on Ebay than on a lot?
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
dons2346 wrote:
For someone wanting a 32 CC, it looks like a good coach. It will be interesting to see what the final bid will be. Most I have seen are selling up into the 60's.

For those asking about handling,they handle just fine. I put some mileage on one for a friend. It had the ISL and went like crazy

I didn't read the whole ad but pictures show front apposing slides and what I read of the ad.

OVERVIEW

Up for auction, top of the line 2002 Country Coach Allure 32' 350HP Diesel Pusher Luxury Class A Motorhome with two big slide outs (both sides of the living room, slide out). Model is 32 SPGS. Cummins ISC 350HP Turbo Diesel engine, 6 speed Allison transmission, Air Brakes, Air Suspension, Exhaust Brake, all on a Country Coach Dyno Max Chassis with very low miles (18,200). Big slide out in the living room (sleeper sofa/kitchen), and another slide on the other side of the coach, where the full length leather sofa slides out. Coach sleeps 5-6 in total. This was one of the BEST diesels that money could buy in 2002 from Country Coach in the Allure lineup, very unique floor plan with the shorter length. Fully self contained, even has a washer/dryer. Runs and looks great. So many options in this coach, that it is impossible to list them all. See the youtube video tour.
2015 Wrangler JKU

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think you'll get great gas mileage out of it as well as have a pusher that is never strained for power. I could see a coach like this going for hundreds of thousands of miles.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.