cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shower Draining VERY slow

USMC46
Explorer
Explorer
If I were home, I would try some drain cleaner, and then go from there. In this coach, I'm not sure if drain cleaner is a good idea. The shower drain metal piece seems to be very solid in place. Not sure how to remove it. Is there an easy fix ? Thanks.
Jim & Carmel

2016 Escape 17b
2017 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk With Factory Tow Package
22 REPLIES 22

bigB42
Explorer
Explorer
pour some bleach down drain, haven't tried this but have been told that it works and to do it every once in a while ken
ken

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would first look for something like this "As Seen on TV" hair clog removal tools. http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/turbo-snake-drain-hair-removal-tool/ID=prod6000973-product?ext=gooH...
If that does not help you could have a more serious clog downstream which would need a longer snake to access. It's also possible that your grey tank vent has become dislocated or clogged (check the roof).
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

USMC46
Explorer
Explorer
I am suspecting hair. No plunger on this trip but will get one tomorrow. If that does not work, I'll see if I can get the drain out. Thought there might be a known , not to harsh chemical fix.
Jim & Carmel

2016 Escape 17b
2017 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk With Factory Tow Package

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
:E

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Take the chrome cover off and clean the gunk out. I have had to do this a couple of times. Takes maybe 5 minutes. Kind of gross the hair and crud but things like are necessary at times.

Ranger_Smith
Explorer
Explorer
Does it have a push open / push closed drain plug. Just fixed mine tonight. Had to unscrew the drain plug and remove the hair that was built up underneath it.
Where we are now

Amateur Radio Operator WW1SS . . . Flex 6500 PGXL and TGXL
Steve and Joy
2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q . . . 2016 Lincoln MKX
The Doodles, Abbie & Abel
Baby and Kissie the Chihuahuas and Lucy the Biewere Yorkie

tinkerer
Explorer
Explorer
I would be willing to bet there is hair clogging the drain. We had one like that and work it over with a toiler plunger and it was balls of hair.

rjf7g
Explorer
Explorer
Do you own a sink plunger? Is your holding tank empty or near empty?
1999 American Cruiser Class B
2006 Palomino Puma 27FQ Bunkhouse
2007 Gulfstream Innsbruck 36FRS Park Trailer