cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sleeping Comfort of Lounge in an Interstate

Bailey_Travis
Explorer
Explorer
Is the fold-down lounge a comfortable bed in the Airstream Interstate? It looks like it might be a little difficult. Thanks for any replies!

Addition to original post: I now own an Interstate! The fold down lounge seats are great for lounge seats but a little too firm for us as a bed. We'll buy a memory foam cover of some type. IMHO the firmness required for a bed is softer than for a good couch, hence out experience. Even so, we are very happy with our Interstate after the brief 2 weeks we've owned it.
4 REPLIES 4

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
I've yet to read about any complaints about the Airstream bed, or any "B" bed for that matter. Improvements can be made, but I've heard nobody absolutely just disliking the vehicle and stating they can't get a decent night's sleep on it.

Lack of bellyaching is usually one of the best compliments.

jrobe
Explorer
Explorer
I seriously doubt that Airstream would make an uncomfortable bed. I would be shocked if that would be a problem.

Bailey_Travis
Explorer
Explorer
I was referring to both actually. They do not seem totally flat which could make sleeping less comfortable. I hope to be in Troy Ohio to see one and can report then.

stan909
Explorer
Explorer
I 've seen them on ebay and wondered my self. Are you talking about the opposing couches that fold out to make a bed or the rear couch that comes out to meet the ottomans to make a bed?