cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sleeping Quarters

bphillips
Explorer
Explorer
My husband and I just bought our 2006 Pleasureway Van and love it. However we found the kingsize bed a bit of a challenge. How do we keep the dinette cushions from moving or falling out? Seems like we end up in a hole by morning. Something has to be done! and there must be a solution to a good nights sleep!
8 REPLIES 8

ryegatevt
Explorer II
Explorer II
jjson775 wrote:
We also loved our 2006 PW Excel. We never set up the king size bed, slept on the twin beds, and used the night stand between them. We left the back cushions at home and traveled with the table in position. We slept in Travasaks. This was convenient for us. Just an option for you.

Exactly what we've done for 10 years in our '05 Roadtrek 210P.
Steve & Bev
2005 Roadtrek 210
Tess, our Sheltie

jjson775
Explorer
Explorer
We also loved our 2006 PW Excel. We never set up the king size bed, slept on the twin beds, and used the night stand between them. We left the back cushions at home and traveled with the table in position. We slept in Travasaks. This was convenient for us. Just an option for you.

ernie1
Explorer
Explorer
We decided that we couldn't deal with the PW cushions on our 2005 Excel TD even with memory foam over them so we bit the bullet and had regular innerspring mattresses made which fit in place of the cushions which we now leave at home. Of course we use the beds in a twin configuration but I'd imagine the same can be done in a king setup also.

bphillips
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to all for everyones reply. We have a Ford and the dinette cushions fit between the two side seats. If anyone could send a photo on the "correct" positioning of the cushions I would greatly appreciate it. A slat at the end is a great idea.

stan909
Explorer
Explorer
you could try the rubber cabinet liner that rolls out.It will provide friction.

Davydd
Explorer
Explorer
You didn't say what van. Ford or Sprinter. I had a 2005 Pleasure-way Sprinter Legend. I am assuming you are talking about the ottoman and infill cushion part. The Pleasure-way has two positions for the ottoman seat cushions. You have to carefully know how to position the seat cushions and when you get it right the two infill back cushions then fit tight between. I originally just thought it was sloppy construction but after communicating with others I found it to just be the case.

I also installed a removable slat to prevent the cushions from sliding out. I did this before I figured out how to seat the cushions correctly.

Davydd
2021 Advanced RV 144 WB 2500 Class B
2015 Advanced RV Ocean One Class B

Cobra21
Explorer
Explorer
We had a travel trailer with naugahyde on the bottom of the cushions. They spread out on a plywood base. We put velcro strips on these that kept them in place.

Morden
Explorer
Explorer
Had a similar situation in a TT. Solution was to use a foam pad on top of the cushions. This also softened the ridges created by the cushions.

Also make sure that the base on which you place the cushions is tight fitting.

Fortunately our current PleasureWay has an electric bed - beautiful!!

Good luck.