cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

slide needs adjustment

Snomas
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone adjusted their slide out. My Living room slide needs to be raised on one side about 1/2". When it goes in it is catches the outside ridge about 1/4" at the very top. Can anyone tell me is it a DIY project and how do you adjust it? (2002 Newmar Dutch Star).
2006 WINNEBAGO ASPECT 29H Ford E450 Super Duty
2018 F150 Lariat Crew Cab, Coyote 5.0 L RWD
4 REPLIES 4

Colo_Native
Explorer
Explorer
I rv wrote:
I raised both sides of mine half inch,I took the bolts off the tracks where they attach to the slide.I jacked up the slide using a floor jack and a 4x4 piece of wood once jacked up I made 2 shims (used 1/2 "metal stock) and slid them in between the tracks and the slide and bolted slide down.Happy to say slide works better now than ever,

X2 easy to do I used 1/8" aluminum flat stock doubled up for a 1/4".
2015 Winnebago Forza 34T
pushed by a 2011 Fusion Hybrid or 2020 Escape Hybrid
Retired DFD

Randu
Explorer
Explorer
I had a 2004 Newmar 5th and I believe the setup was the same.
Look at the end of the arms that connect to the outside of the slide out. (You need to go under the slide out) You should see slotted mounting brackets where the slid out attaches to the arms. You should also see a vertical bolt that has the head resting on top of the slide out arm. Loosen the mounting bolts in the vertical slots and adjust the bolt resting on top of the arm to raise or lower the slide room. I'm going by memory so look over closely to be sure you see and understand what I'm trying to say.
Make small adjustments (1 or 2 turns of adjustment bolt) and check operation often to make sure that your moving in the right direction. Retighten mounting bolts to lock in new position before operating slide to check.

Hopefully others can expand or clarify for your rig.

Randu
2017 Chevy 3500HD SRW Crew LTZ
4x4,Duramax, Allison.
2017 Jayco North Point 381DLQS
Previous: 2000 Travel Supreme
2005 Newmar Kountry Star
2008 Mobile Suites 36TK3

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
go to Newmarcorp.com and click on resources , parts and support, and then at the bottom left click on Access Comnet. drop down window change from categories to Technical information and then slides and follow what part you need. Takes maybe 30 minutes to follow the steps. Had to do my 99 a few years back. Very easy and straight forward.

I_rv
Explorer
Explorer
I raised both sides of mine half inch,I took the bolts off the tracks where they attach to the slide.I jacked up the slide using a floor jack and a 4x4 piece of wood once jacked up I made 2 shims (used 1/2 "metal stock) and slid them in between the tracks and the slide and bolted slide down.Happy to say slide works better now than ever,