cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Solera by Forest River

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know if the cab seats swivel on the FR Solera?
Currently RV-less but not done yet.
10 REPLIES 10

JulieAnne
Explorer
Explorer
You're welcome Snowman. Just an FYI, bclemens is not on the FR forum in an "official" capacity. But he's very generous with his time and really knows his product.

burlmart
Explorer
Explorer
Snowman9000 wrote:
as far as the Trail Lite goes, we are having two-foot-itis, or maybe it's slideout-itis. Looking at Class C's on the Sprinter chassis.

I hear that. We have three dogs averaging 55 lbs, and 12' more would not be enough. I guess since we got the RV to travel w/ dogs, we just accept the coziness as wish fulfilled, or more like 'be careful what you wish for.'
2005 Trail Lite 213 B-Plus w/ 6.0 Chevy

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
burlmart wrote:
Snowman9000 wrote:

thinking of swivels for the TL 213? they would be great, esp for passenger side.

The only ones to be found for the Chevy shift the seat a couple of inches to the middle of the cab. There would be some new awkwardness of leg room, more like a Ford. It also raises the seat up a couple of inches. For the time being I don't think the tradeoff is worth it.

No, as far as the Trail Lite goes, we are having two-foot-itis, or maybe it's slideout-itis. Looking at Class C's on the Sprinter chassis.

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
Dakzuki wrote:
Snowman9000 wrote:
Thank you for the link to the forum. I went and signed up.

I haven't read the whole discussion yet, but I did see comments about the raised floor causing some irritation when the seats are swiveled. Just last night while browsing photos on the net, I saw that the floor was raised. It's not on a Winnegbago. I wonder why it's raised.

The Winnebago floor is in fact higher than the cab level. The seats are adjustable up/down so we raise the seats all the way when they are facing aft. It works for us.

I wouldn't be surprised (if you looked close) if the FR ultraleather seats are made by Winnebago. They look awfully similar.

On the FR forum I just joined, in the seat thread the FR rep said they are Mercedes stock seats, but re-covered in the ultraleather.

burlmart
Explorer
Explorer
Snowman9000 wrote:

thinking of swivels for the TL 213? they would be great, esp for passenger side.
2005 Trail Lite 213 B-Plus w/ 6.0 Chevy

Dakzuki
Explorer
Explorer
Snowman9000 wrote:

I haven't read the whole discussion yet, but I did see comments about the raised floor causing some irritation when the seats are swiveled. Just last night while browsing photos on the net, I saw that the floor was raised. It's not on a Winnegbago. I wonder why it's raised.

The Winnebago floor is in fact higher than the cab level. The seats are adjustable up/down so we raise the seats all the way when they are facing aft. It works for us.

I wouldn't be surprised (if you looked close) if the FR ultraleather seats are made by Winnebago. They look awfully similar.
2011 Itasca Navion 24J
2000 Chev Tracker Toad

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks!

JulieAnne
Explorer
Explorer
bclemens is a sales rep for FR and is very active on the forum, I'm sure he could answer the question. If he's not online one of the owners might know. It's a great forum, I'm considering a Solera and have spent a lot of time there!

(When you log in there is a section on the right, scroll down, that shows users online. FR reps names are in bold.)

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer

JulieAnne
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, according to a post at the FR forum. Here is the link