cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sportscoach Review Wanted Please

Sooner_Schooner
Explorer
Explorer
We are going to look at some 2013 models of Sportscoach. I am referring to Class A diesel pushers. They are listed as luxury RVs and the pictures look very nice. I have never seen one yet in person so I would appreciate information from you that own one or have first hand information about them. Thanks for any assistance you can give.
2008 Damon Tuscany 4076 40' Diesel Pusher
8 REPLIES 8

Maladjusted
Explorer
Explorer
wow... this thread was revived!

My dash air turned out to be a connection coming off the condenser was cross threaded at the factory, thus it would not hold a charge. Once the A/C shop removed that bunged up connectory... Dash air is cold again!

My Check Engine light issues turned out to be a wiring loom was hanging down and rubbing on the drive shaft. After 4 visits to Cummins and Freightliner, I finally had to be towed in, when the tow truck drive pulled the drive shaft he discovered the loom with several wires worn through.

All fixed and running great now! 10k miles last season... getting ready for our first trip this season!

Not a lot of rattles, but it is still new. I had a squeaky door that was fixed with some Talc powder.

Love this coach!

Mal

oilcan4
Explorer
Explorer
Hello Mal: I had no dash AC for one year after delivery no one could figure out. I lifted up master bedand pulled up engine hatch, found compressor wire plug not attached to anything. after digging around in the various wire harnesses if found the mating plug and thought all was well. never fails no power. then on drivers side panel where all chassis fusses are there was a burned up 40amp relay behind a second metel plate. now all is well. any questions drop a line. oilcan

oilcan4
Explorer
Explorer
Our 2005 401 sportscoach has been an incredible ride and never lets us down.tow a Ford Explorer like its not there.all coaches rattle with age as do draws, cabinet doors ect ect. Your driving a house on a truck chassis down the road, but its all worth the trip.Heading to Normandy Farms in Foxboro Mass this weekend. Good luck.

GWK
Explorer
Explorer
We had a 2010 40ts. Good coach for the money........
2010 Tiffin Allegro Bus
Cummins ISL / Powerglide
Gary W. Kincade

Mhikel
Explorer
Explorer
Hello Mal, can you tell me how the coach rides? Specifically, is it quite or does it rattle going the freeway? Thank you!

Maladjusted
Explorer
Explorer
I have one... A 2013 SportsCoach 385DS.

I love the floor plan. My Coach came equipped with some "higher end" Coach features... Such as polished ceramic tile flooring throughout. King size SelectComfort bed. Outside entertainment center. Slide out tray for the pass thru storage bay. Dual pane windows. Power management system. 8k gen. Auto leveling jacks. On demand hot water.

I knew these were considered "entry level" diesel pushers going in... But I spent half of what the non-entry level coaches cost. My rig does everything my family needs!

It gets 10.5 mpg towing Chevy Cruze toad.

Now... I do have some "issues" that need to be adressed... Dash air inop. Crankcase pressure sensor tripping a check engine light (again).

Other than a few "teething" issues... I love this thing. I get a lot of compliments at the campgrounds... Because "it doesn't look like all the other coaches"

Let me know if you have specific questions... I'll do what I can to help you out.

Mal

bullydogs1
Explorer
Explorer
Sportscoach was the diesel pusher line of Coachmen..Coachmen was absorbed by Forest River (Berkshire Hathaway)...I knew someone that had a Sportscoach a few years ago and he had a very troublesome CAT engine...yet I've known some that love it.....It is what they call an "entry level" (hate that word) but it gives you a lot for your money..certain things are not as luxurious or dressed up as in more expensive coaches..(wall materials, linoleum floor, or full carpet) rather than more expensive trim in more expensive models. Look and see, and in fact, look at Forest River Berkshire or Charleston which are supposedly better dressed up insulated etc.....Sportscoaches originally did not come with double pane insulated windows, while other more expensive coaches did...you do what is right for you...but they are supposedly a good coach for the money...
Stuart and Stella Denning
2016 Entegra Aspire 42RBQ
The 3 Bulldogs (Daisy, Sylvie and Stashie)
2018 Equinox Diesel (TOAD)

Sooner_Schooner
Explorer
Explorer
Come on, not a single Sportscoach owner here? I may have to buy one so I can be the only one.
2008 Damon Tuscany 4076 40' Diesel Pusher