cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprinter ROOF LEAKS

kendall69
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like things will finally happen with all the Sprinter Roof Leaks. Please tell me again how great Mercedes Products are. I own a LEAKER Special, and Mercedes wants ME to pay THOUSANDS to fix their design flaws and faulty workmanship

Sprinter Roof Leaks
Owned (1) Class A (2) class C (1) truck camper looking at a Class (B)
New proud Owner of a 2014 Phoenix Cruiser 2400
12 REPLIES 12

danpreszler
Explorer
Explorer
jjrai wrote:
I have a 2006. We love it, but it is a POS in terms of body rust. This led to a shocking roof leak. It had absolutely nothing to do with the A/C or any other through-roof fitting. I tell anyone looking at a a 2006 or earlier to be very thorough in inspecting for rust. Mechanically it is great. Fuel mileage is great. The body, not so much.

We also have a 2006 and have never had any problem and we've been out in quite a few downpours. As for rust, we have absolutely none however, it's garaged when not in use and our climate is generally dry. It still looks new.
Dan & Karen Preszler
Bismarck, ND
2007 Leisure Travel Free Spirit LSS

jjrai
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2006. We love it, but it is a POS in terms of body rust. This led to a shocking roof leak. It had absolutely nothing to do with the A/C or any other through-roof fitting. I tell anyone looking at a a 2006 or earlier to be very thorough in inspecting for rust. Mechanically it is great. Fuel mileage is great. The body, not so much.

path1
Explorer
Explorer
kendall69 wrote:
Looks like things will finally happen with all the Sprinter Roof Leaks. Please tell me again how great Mercedes Products are. I own a LEAKER Special, and Mercedes wants ME to pay THOUSANDS to fix their design flaws and faulty workmanship

Sprinter Roof Leaks

MPG won't suffer that much because of water weight.
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
thanks,

ffjeff
Explorer
Explorer
This has nothing to do with RV type AC units, but factory installed Rear AC units. It also seems to be the much newer model.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
sorry you have problems , but why is it MB problem I though they only built the chassis.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
our,s a 2007 doesn,t leak. maybe yours was installed wrong.

jjson775
Explorer
Explorer
Escargot wrote:
I thought the air-conditioner leaks were addressed, i.e. park the vehicle with the front higher than the back to avoid rain intrusion via the ac unit.
I know my PW Excel had that warning, and I just assumed the same was true for my PW Plateau.

We never had a problem with rain leaking thru the AC on our old Excel. It was condensation from the AC itself when operating. The fix was exactly what you said, you had to park or level up so that the AC drained correctly over the rear of the van.

NCWriter
Explorer
Explorer
Davydd wrote:
Those are specific to an air conditioner to my knowledge has not been installed by any Class B converter that I know of. It is a non-issue with the available Class Bs.

You beat me to it.

Only leak I've ever had has been from what turned out to be an invisible crack in the plastic Fantastic Fan cover. New unit, no more leak.

Escargot
Explorer
Explorer
I thought the air-conditioner leaks were addressed, i.e. park the vehicle with the front higher than the back to avoid rain intrusion via the ac unit.
I know my PW Excel had that warning, and I just assumed the same was true for my PW Plateau.
2006 Pleasure Way Plateau TS, MB Sprinter

Davydd
Explorer
Explorer
Those are specific to an air conditioner to my knowledge has not been installed by any Class B converter that I know of. It is a non-issue with the available Class Bs.
Davydd
2021 Advanced RV 144 WB 2500 Class B
2015 Advanced RV Ocean One Class B

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
"Mercedes wouldn't tell the Team 6 investigators how many complaints it’s received about the leaking air conditioners. The company also said it has no plans to issue a recall because it’s not a safety issue."
now that is good public relations. not a safety issue so to heck with the customers.
bumpy