cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions for maiden voyage starting in Western Iowa

MrMuffin
Explorer
Explorer
We are picking up our new to us DP in western Iowa this weekend and don't have to be back into central IL until Thursday. Any thoughts on which way we should head / places to stay? Might be too cold yet to head up into MN.....
Mr. Muffin

2006 Newmar Dutch Star 4306
2001 Jeep Wrangler or our Harley trailer
11 REPLIES 11

spritz_55423
Explorer
Explorer
lololol I hope your wrong but after this past winter, I don't know again down to 35 tonight, I hope no lower I flushed out the tanks from winter and refiled them.

MrMuffin
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you very much - we will be up there for the 4th - taking kids and grandkids for a week.... see how they like fireworks while wearing mittens....
Mr. Muffin

spritz_55423
Explorer
Explorer
no snow in Mpls in the upper 60's to 70s trees are really starting to bud. Come on up.
Sorry just noticed your post was from a month ago but you can still come up to Minnesota.

MrMuffin
Explorer
Explorer
LeMar. Fabulous ice cream! What's with snow in May?
We're back in IL. Thanks for the great suggestions.
Mr. Muffin

shaneperch
Explorer
Explorer
Visit the capitol building in Des Moines it is totally awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!you've got to see it.

shooker99
Explorer
Explorer
We live in western Iowa May I ask what town?

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
I make a point of going to the Iowa State Fair CG when ever driving thru Iowa. IMHO one of the best kept secrets.

Off season camping there is wonderful. You have this HUGE CG all to your self. Great views of the gold capped capital because it sits high on a hill. AND there are always different events going on at the Fair Grounds during off season you can walk down to see.

I stop for a couple of nights and always end up staying more than a week there! C

http://www.iowastatefairgrounds.org/camping/off-season-camping/
EVENT SCHEDULE for Off Season

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

campguy3040
Explorer
Explorer
Le claire, Iowa is at the intersection of I80 and th Miss. River. It has a very neat downtown with interesting shops and eateries. Riverboat museum, Buffalo Bill museum, and the American Pickers shop too. Camping is available nearby just across the bridge at a Rock Islsnd County park in Hampton, Il and a Corp of Engineers park there as well, both are on ILL. Rt 84 and only a mile apart. The CGs are about 1.5 miles from the I80 exit #1.
2012 Winnebago Vista, Triple Slide Ford F53.
Blue Ox Tiger Trak track bar, RoadMaster Reflex Steering,&
"Cheep Handling Fix"
Blue Ox Alpha Tow Bar w/Patriot Brake System
Chevy HHR toad.

iceyfingers
Explorer
Explorer
usually refers to a desiel pusher

Jayco-noslide
Explorer
Explorer
What is a DP?
Jayco-noslide

polly_sue
Explorer
Explorer
The Amana Colonies are very interesting and there's good RV camping, but check to see what's open at this point. Just checked Trailer LIfe and the Amana Colonies RV Park opened on April 15!