cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sydney Camping Show

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
Too my surprise a lot of new models from several manufacturers. Unlike Canada , we produce virtually all of our RV's in Australia. Last count I estimated 23 local manufacturers. Motorhome manufacturers generally are growing in Australia. Four of these have been going for at least 40 yrs. One ceased to exist Paradise Motohomes( around since 2001) when an internal squabble closed it down. They built quality pricey units.
AVIDA and Sunliner were the highlight of the show introducing updated and new models.
AVIDA and Sunliner both build on the Isuzu Light Truck as well as IVECO , Mercedes and Ducato . Saga of "Winnebago" continues with the Official Winnebago franchise,getting the naughty corner, the outside display area. AVIDA what was the fake " Winnebago" getting a prize display area next to Sunliner.

Supposedly Official Winnebago Motorhomes in Australia

Defunct Paradise Motorhomes Indepenence Exterior

Paradise Motorhome Interor
7 REPLIES 7

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
Not on display as it is a current not updated model is the Sunliner Navian

-Lqdskier
Explorer
Explorer
Wow, those are nice!

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
AVIDA had it's own Isuzu based Class C " The Longreach" named after a Queensland Town

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
One of the most powerful engines used for a Class C is the IVECO 560hp Diesel used for this Bus 4x4 Extreme Off Road Tonto Motorhome

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
mountainsam wrote:
Wow, I for one am impressed with the looks of those MH's. What kind of power are they running?

Basically the same as a Sprinter or a light truck, but have no problems doing 70mph cruising or 110kph. Their ratings are heavier though, IVECO based one goes too 23,000lbGCVWR
Isuzu 27,000lbGCVWR, the Ford Ranger is the lightweight standout , having only 14,000lb GCVWR. It is built for going for reasonably severe Off Road use
More from AVIDA used to be Winnebago. A Sprinter as against a IVECO based Class C

mountainsam
Explorer
Explorer
Wow, I for one am impressed with the looks of those MH's. What kind of power are they running?
2017 Thor Gemini 23TR w/ 3.2 Power Stroke turbo diesel
2014 Ram 6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel Crew Cab, Long Bed 4X4 6 Speed Auto (sold)
2013 Rockwood Signature 8281 WS w/Sidewinder Pin (sold)
DW and Sofie our Black Lab /Boxer and Phoebe our Schnoodle

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
Sunliners lineup. Two Off Road Class C's one built on the Ford Ranger, IVECO Daily and the last one built on a Renault.