cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

The best motorhome vacuum

rvis2005
Explorer
Explorer
I've bought them all! Finally found the best all around cordless vacuum for a motorhome! Dyson DC 44 Animal. It is expensive in my opinion, but it works so well for a battery unit. It's almost as if it was made for an RV! I hope you're as pleased as I am. Safe travels. Tommy
Tommy and Kristi Watters
Coppell, TX
8 REPLIES 8

hotbyte
Explorer
Explorer
We have two indoor dogs that shed like nobody's business. We've tried vacuums for house and were not satisfied with them. Finally spent the bucks on a Dyson canister "animal" model and it works great but is a pain to drag out for quick daily cleanups. A few weekends back, we got the DC44 Animal (for the house) and it is working great. Our dogs have fairly long hair that wraps around brush but it is easy to remove brush and clean. Being cordless, it works great also to hit the MH, cars, etc. Battery life is supposed to be 20 mins but we've never ran it that long yet. We found it at Sam's Club for $299. They also had one for $369 that came with 2 extra attachments.
2018 Minnie Winnie 24M

MustangGT
Explorer
Explorer
this one is mine:
Cost 5% of the OP's. It works fine. Its about as sturdy as the overpriced Dyson products, weighs less, has three different modes (floor roller, long handle and short handle, similar to Dyson) is easy to clean (transparent) and has plenty of suction and attachments. When it dies after a few years, throw it away and buy another. I've had mine for 2 years and it still works great.
Mark, Jean, Paul & Lizzy (the mutt, RIP)
1997 Fleetwood Southwind Storm 34LS >
Thirsty, noisy & clunky. She ain't pretty, but she sure is fun!
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines." Enzo Ferrari

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
rvis2005 wrote:
I've bought them all! Finally found the best all around cordless vacuum for a motorhome! Dyson DC 44 Animal. It is expensive in my opinion, but it works so well for a battery unit. It's almost as if it was made for an RV! I hope you're as pleased as I am. Safe travels. Tommy

We have used a Makita for years, Twenty years ago the 7.2 was great and the neat thing was having a drill and a flash light to go with it.

Now with the lithium 18v system you get a GREAT vacuum and some really good tools. I've used the Dyson products and for some reason have never been impressed with the Price to Work ratio, for a similar amount I can get the Makita Drill, Impact, Flashlight and Vacuum, just seems like a better deal (and I love to have more TOOLS-- Bare Vacuum)

Must just be a Guy thing,

JMHO,
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

RFCN2
Explorer
Explorer
I am sure this is a great vac, but about a year ago I followed a thread that was recommending the eureka pet vac. I bought that one for about 20% of what the dyson animal costs. It is a plug in, which I think works better in general. The 79 buck eureka works very well. It is bag less and even has a switch on the handle to electrically stop the brush (an essential control ). So I may have bought an expensive motorhome but I looked for a good reasonably priced cleaner and found it. This eureka has amazing cleaning ability. It might work slightly better than our bigger and more expensive house Electrolux upright hotel style vac.
RFCN2
Country Coach
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

rvis2005
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:
Dyson DC44 Animal

Thanks gbopp! I can't do all that fancy link stuff. One day... Tommy
Tommy and Kristi Watters
Coppell, TX

JaBob
Explorer
Explorer
We have the Animal and love it for MH cleaning.

Bob

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
We also have a Dyson but it's not the Animal version - it's a smaller yellow one and works better than the built in vacuum we have which is a Dirt Devil. I use the Dirt Devil for the kitchen area and the Dyson for the carpeting.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer