cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thermal Sensor (For Norcold Refrigerator)

ROYBUCK
Explorer
Explorer
Some of you might have read my post a couple weeks ago about getting the Thermal Sensor wet and cut the Ref. off. The tech that ordered the part is having a hard time finding it, I have tried amazon and other places can't find a listing for the part. Part# 634677 Rev D 1053 031 Norcold 1200 4 door. All Help Appreciated. I have sold the MH But I promised the Buyer I would fix the problem. Roy
Roy B Coal Miners Son
USMC Ret
Semper Fi
11 REPLIES 11

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
Yep. The only way you are going to get that fixed is through an authorized NORCOLD service person. Call NORCOLD and see what they say. Mine was installed the west coast rep. That lives less than 5 mins from me. You might be as lucky
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

ROYBUCK
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit: The owner did drive away with the MH, I told him I would get it fixed before he took it, but he wanted it then, I promised him I would take care of it, so I am trying to find the Sensor, if it means taking it to a service center I will do that. I told him I would take care of it, and I will. Roy
Roy B Coal Miners Son
USMC Ret
Semper Fi

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
ROYBUCK wrote:
Old-Biscuit, I by passed the Sensor to see if that was the problem, this was done just to check it out, I will not operate the Ref. until I get the new Sensor. Roy

Thought new owner drove away with it last week....

Anyway as mentioned in other posts and by doug in this one

Contact NORCOLD
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

ROYBUCK
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit, I by passed the Sensor to see if that was the problem, this was done just to check it out, I will not operate the Ref. until I get the new Sensor. Roy
Roy B Coal Miners Son
USMC Ret
Semper Fi

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
This will be interesting to see how it works out.
1. Norcold does NOT sell the 1200 recall kit
2. IF the recall has been done and the recall kit fails, the RV'er has to pay a check out fee (usually 1/2 hour) for the Service center to verify the Recall kit did not fail for cause. IF the recall kit did not fail for cause, Norcold will send another Kit for free, BUT, the Labor will not be free. The RV'er must pay for the labor(1/2 hour).
3. Norcold will NOT just send a Recall kit after the kit has already been done until the refer has been professionally checked out. Doug

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
The new owner of the MH needs to call Norcold letting them know their recall box stopped working and they need a new one... Rev E or F. Norcold should have a local dealer install the new/revised one for free as part of the recall on the 1200s.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45’...

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
SCVJeff wrote:
To clarify, you are talking about the fail safe cutoff box in the rear of the fridge, correct?

If that's the one then you need to find a shop that NORCOLD has certified to service it, and your tech should know that.

Exactly.......

Norcold or DOmetic don't sell their 'recall kits' or parts for recall kits to public.
Authorized Service can probably order what you need or may have one from old kit
(Mobile RV Techs did a lot of installation of those recall kits)

When you goggled you should have seen this........LINK

And they are now up to REV E (or maybe it's F)

Thought you posted got fridge working...........how did you do that :H
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
To clarify, you are talking about the fail safe cutoff box in the rear of the fridge, correct?

If that's the one then you need to find a shop that NORCOLD has certified to service it, and your tech should know that.
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

ROYBUCK
Explorer
Explorer
Cottontop I did google the number. I think I heard someone say they wouldn't sale it to a private party, cause they wanted it checked out. Roy
Roy B Coal Miners Son
USMC Ret
Semper Fi

Cottontop
Explorer
Explorer
goggle the number and you will find a place that sells the part.
1998 Beaver Patriot (Magnum)
FMCA- Good Sam - CAT (3126)
PT Cruiser AUTO with Remco 4down

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
Are you talking about the thermistor that usually clippes to the fins over on the right side? If so, you can buy better after market ones that are adjustable. I bought & installed one several months ago. If that's what you're looking for, let me know and I'll find the vendor for you. They're in AZ.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.