Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking of Looking Again

6ofus
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all

DH and I found a nice used Bounder for sale and we are thinking of taking a look at it. The last one we wanted to look at sold before we got to see it. 😞 It is an older unit and needs a little TLC, which is what we are looking for. We do realize the hot water heater can be expensive but we are okay with that. If we like it and don't see anything wrong, i.e. water leaks, soft spots, etc, we plan on having an RV inspection done as well as having a truck mechanic inspection too. We always like to have other people's opinions but specifically, looking for any opinions regarding the slide and the pipes. I don't think we would offer full price either. Ad states:

2000 32 foot V10 Fleetwood Bounder with 30,000 miles. Newer tires and Battery, runs great. Has 2 power tip outs but the rear tipout needs a new motor. it can be operated manually though. Had pipes freeze up and bust couple years ago and we fixed the pipes but it also ruined the hot water heater. Roof doesn't leak. Asking $14,000
9 REPLIES 9

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
Frozen pipes, bad water heater, one slideout motor is bad, maybe the refridgrator is on its way out, a/c's are 20 years old and how and how was the motor taken care of and what age are the tires..

I would not waste my time on that RV.

6ofus
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
OLDER? My 1988 coach is offended! The wording "tipouts" would likely make me run for the hills. No RVer would use that wording for slideouts! Don't spend a dime until you see it, touch it, inspect it. Too many scamers out there.

Wow, a 1988. Glad there are still people out there who like the "vintage" models. I don't feel so crazy.

We took a look at it yesterday. It was nothing like the ad had said. Everything I specifically asked about was there, even though I was told no. I don't understand people!

Thanks for all the replies. The hunt continues!

ernie1
Explorer
Explorer
Years ago I purchased a used 5th wheel Me Too trailer that had water Lines that froze and the water heater also was damaged. So I purchased a water heater and figured all I had to do was remove the old and install the new and be done. What a shock it was when I found that the new water heater wouldn't hook up because the original water lines had expanded when it froze and ALL the water lines throughout the trailer were now just a bit larger in diameter. YES worry about the pipes particularly if they are copper. I realize that rvs nowadays use pex which is a bit more forgiving but I'd be concerned anyway.

FireGuard
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just for comparison, on the Los Angeles Craig’s List is a 2004 Fleetwood Southwind 32V with the Ford chassis with Banks power pack and 32k miles for $16k.
A step up from the bounder.
Looks a little dirty in the picture but having grown up in Iowa, a 16 yr old MH that spent its life in California will likely be way better than one from the Midwest.
13Jeep Wrangler
07 Ragen 21FB
12 Yamaha Super Tenere
14 Suzuki DR 650

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
No matter what assume the worst. Have the money available to replace a $5000 or more engine, transmission etc. water heaters are $400 or so on ebay vs probably $1000 installed at a dealer Water damage is the number one concern with RVs. After you own it be happy if the furnace or fridge quits vs your foot going through the floor.

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
Price is way too high for a fixer upper like that
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

craig7h
Nomad II
Nomad II
X2
Itasca Meridian SE 36g
Road Master Tow Dolly

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Why would the pipes be an issue? The connections, yes.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
OLDER? My 1988 coach is offended! The wording "tipouts" would likely make me run for the hills. No RVer would use that wording for slideouts! Don't spend a dime until you see it, touch it, inspect it. Too many scamers out there.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?