cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Third brake light on 03 Tahoe

revump
Explorer
Explorer
I pull an 03 Tahoe as my toad. The third brake light above the window has quit working. Is there a fuse for that brake light somewhere?
Bob
8 REPLIES 8

Toumai
Explorer
Explorer
To echo what Gary said, third brake light on my 04 Tahoe stopped working. It is a sealed module with LED's. No user replaceable bulbs.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000TYQB14

Dealer wanted $250. The amazon replacement I installed is side by side identical to OEM for $40 and still working 2 years later.
2009 Dutchmen Freedom Spirit 270BH
2004 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 5.3L V8

FunTwoDrv
Explorer
Explorer
If you determine the light itself is the problem, check out Amazon for a replacement. They are about 10% of what the dealer charges. Yeah, it's a off-shore cheapy but, the one I put in a couple of years ago is still doing its job.
Gary

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
If your model has it. Clean the connectors too on that bank of prongs that connect when you close the back door.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
In the fuse box near the driver side door there is a fuse labled: VEH CHMSL (Vehicle Center high mounted stop lamp).

Found that info on a Google search.
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Diagram that I looked at shows it about in the center of the under dash fuse block. Diagram says it is marked "VEH CHMSL" should be 10 amp.
It appears to be right above the 12 pin Body control module that it says is brown.
Not sure if this link will work.
Fuse block

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
Also check to see if the bulbs are burned out.

revump
Explorer
Explorer
Do you know where it is located? Thanks
Bob

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Yes, it is a separate fuse. It should be marked "CHMSL" Center High Mount Stop Light

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker