cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Thor Motorhome Issues

stlucia0127
Explorer
Explorer
We are experiencing an excessive (36 to date) number of issues with our 2015 Thor Hurricane 32N Class motorhome. We have sent all proper documentation to Thor but they are still looking into it. Has anyone else experienced issues with this model? If so, what steps did you take to remedy the situation?

Issues include: self leveling doesn't always work after 4 repairs; awning leaks and hasn't been fixed after two attempts; steps are rusting; outdoor kitchen door is misaligned; doors not attached properly; seal on slide is stuck to floor. The dealer keeps trying to correct these but every time we take a trip something else crops up.

Any help is appreciated.
9 REPLIES 9

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
There's an active owner's group over at iRV2.com Perhaps someone can help with the specific issues you're having.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

reboo349
Explorer
Explorer
Bought a 2015 Thor Challenger, long list of issues only a couple that were major rest kind a minor issues, first was oil leak in motor and ABS switch broke and shock towers only finger tight, rest were minor drawers loose compartment bays leak shower leaks rest just minor, talked to Thor rep. and decided to take to Wakarusa Ind., glad I did got all items plus some they found know problems or hassle, will not go back to dealers. I think majority of the techs don't have a clue as to what they are doing when it comes to an RV and want to fault the manufacture for issues and taking so long to repair. Great experience overall glad I went up there

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
You are going to have to learn how to fix the small things by yourself and let the warranty take care of the big stuff or your motorhome will spend more time at the dealer and not at a campground..

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
A list of issues would be nice
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

Kaz
Explorer
Explorer
stlucia0127 wrote:
We are experiencing an excessive (36 to date) number of issues with our 2015 Thor Hurricane 32N Class motorhome. We have sent all proper documentation to Thor but they are still looking into it. Has anyone else experienced issues with this model? If so, what steps did you take to remedy the situation?

Any help is appreciated.

Wow -- I'm surprised Thor isn't being more responsive. When we bought ours, we were assigned a concierge who was our personal contact with the manufacturer to make sure any initial problems were quickly and satisfactorily addressed. We too didn't have great luck with our dealer either (long story) but Thor stepped in. Were you assigned a concierge?
Skip
K4EAK
2013 Thor ACE 30.1

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
I see you joined recently. Is this your first RV? It would be helpful if you gave us an idea of what some of the issues are. Some first time buyers expect a motor home to be built just like their Honda or Lexus.

An example of what you're talking about will give us some insight on what you expect and if the coach is really an issue.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Are these 36 items major or a combination of minor, medium, major? Have you taken it to the dealer and provided them with this list and asked them to fix it and they not do it? I have a 15 yo Thor product which I bought used 4 years ago and there are some items that should never have been built that way but but for the most part the mh is okay.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
What sort of "issues"? I have always had good luck with Thor regarding warranty items. I rarely dealt with them directly though, always went through the dealer. Always got fast and no hassle treatment. They let me go to any dealer I want. Once in our old 29.1 we had a bunk issue and they actually sent 2 techs from a dealer to my house to replace it.

I hear some folks have a hard time with Thor, but based on my personal experience, it's always been great.
2013 ACE 29.2

gemert
Explorer
Explorer
I don't own a Thor so I will not bash. You should do a search on the Forums. They are full of people complaining about issues with thors.
Jerry
Chief USN Retired
2003 Beaver Patriot Thunder C-12 505HP
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4