cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tiffin Allegro and Georgetown XL

ratfink09
Explorer
Explorer
Looking to go up from our Class C to a Class A. Looked at some Tiffin Allegro and Georgetown XL models. The Tffin`s seemed to be of better quality. Any opinions or experience with either brand?
7 REPLIES 7

dezolen
Explorer
Explorer
Would not trade our 2013 Tiffin 36LA for anything else out there in gas powered units

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
2013 Tiffin Allegro 36LA. Bought it new. Have enjoyed it. Love the floorplan. Amenities are very good. Would buy it again in a second.

ptobie
Explorer
Explorer
Hello, my wife and I own a 2003 Work Horse Allegro 32. It has been trouble free, and I feel top of the line quality. Great customer service from the factory.

Bob___Ann
Explorer
Explorer
We can only speak from our own experience. We have had great service out of our Allego Bay for over nine years and our Phaeton for three.
Bob and Ann
Schnauzer - Della (Rainbow B 3/31/17)
Chihuahua - Lola (Rainbow B 12/26/18)
Autumn-Red Poodle
2019 Tiffin 40 IP Bus
Powerglide Chassis
Cummins 450
Onan 10,000 Watt
Four Slide/ 1.5 Bath
2021 Jeep Unlimited Sahara Toad
Demco Dominator & Airforce One

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
Tiffin hands down
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

Bruce_Brown
Many will disagree, I would keep looking as neither one of these would be on my "to consider" list.

My parents owned an Allegro, I was working on that thing all the time. Friends owned an Allegro Bus, they were working on theirs all the time too. Mom & Dad did 1 trip to Red Bay (Tiffin factory), their repairs didn't last the whole trip home. Friends made the trip 3 times, they finally gave up and sold.

Having said that, I still might take one over a Georgetown.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

kalynzoo
Explorer
Explorer
Its all about the floor plan. We chose the Tiffin Allegro Red 38 QRA because the floor plan best met our needs and wants. Reading the threads it would appear the factory workmanship is only as good as the technicians who worked on your coach on any given day. I do believe we did reasonable well, with very few workmanship concerns. For us, one of the greatest factors was the ability to walk to the frig and toilet area (mid coach)when the rig is closed in the travel setting. Many floor plans made this action very difficult for people with mobility issues. So best to you on your search. The Winnebago Journey is a lovely coach to add to your search list.
Happy Trails.