cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tiffin Allegro Open Road 36LA Build

Abner055
Explorer
Explorer
I ordered a Tiffin and I'm at the factory watching it get built. I've been taking pictures and I'm posting the entire build at www.in2rv.com.

It's incredible to watch it built. It's amazing the speed at which they assemble it. Today was day six of the build and I am only less than halfway through documenting Day three. But I will catch up soon.

I will be here at Red Bay Alabama for the entire three weeks it takes to build.

I highly recommend anyone that orders a new coach and can, to go watch it get built! And if you are in the area you can also do a tour of the Tiffin plant. It a very impressive tour.
Wife, MinPin Penny & Me
2015 Tiffin Allegro 36LA
2013 Honda CR-V EX, AWD, SMI Braking, Blue Ox base-plate, Blue Ox Aventa tow bar.
Trikke 48V Electric Trikes.
33 REPLIES 33

cbr46
Explorer
Explorer
I'll second Bob & Ann's comment!

We'll never own a Tiffin but it was very interesting to see them being built. I wouldn't mind doing it again.

You'd think a "just show up and join in" tour would be disappointing or a big sales pitch. It was neither. Our group was so big we had to split up in 2 groups of 12 each and still almost too big.

Maybe we'll get the paint plant next time.

Enjoy your new coach Abner055!

Best,
- bob

Bob___Ann
Explorer
Explorer
Cloud Dancer wrote:
I'm interested in seeing detailed views of exactly how the walls are attached to the chassis, and more important, how the roof is attached to the walls. Since this makes the "box" that's responsible for much of the torsional rigidity of the whole structure the methods used for these joints is extremely important,.....IMO.
Thanks

Cloud Dancer
When you pass through the area stop by and take the tour. You don't have to buy one to take the tour. They have a tour daily at 9:30AM. All you have to do is show up. They take you out on the floor where it all takes place. As the process is explained you can ask any question you like. If they can't answer your question they get a tech off the line to answer it. It is a lot of fun and very educational.
Bob and Ann
Schnauzer - Della (Rainbow B 3/31/17)
Chihuahua - Lola (Rainbow B 12/26/18)
Autumn-Red Poodle
2019 Tiffin 40 IP Bus
Powerglide Chassis
Cummins 450
Onan 10,000 Watt
Four Slide/ 1.5 Bath
2021 Jeep Unlimited Sahara Toad
Demco Dominator & Airforce One

Bob___Ann
Explorer
Explorer
Abner055
Congratulations on your new Allegro. I know that you will really enjoy it as it is a nice coach. Seeing it be built is a lot of fun as well as being educational. The employees are all very nice and will definitely answer any questions that you might have. As stated you really need to see the paint plant in Belmont as it is very high tech and impressive. While over there the Mexican restaurant across from the Hotel is fantastic. When you pick up your new coach be sure to run the wheels off of it. Enjoy and good luck!!!!!
Bob and Ann
Schnauzer - Della (Rainbow B 3/31/17)
Chihuahua - Lola (Rainbow B 12/26/18)
Autumn-Red Poodle
2019 Tiffin 40 IP Bus
Powerglide Chassis
Cummins 450
Onan 10,000 Watt
Four Slide/ 1.5 Bath
2021 Jeep Unlimited Sahara Toad
Demco Dominator & Airforce One

Markiemark32
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe he was asked to leave ---

There is fine line between:

They are very helpful. If there is something you don't like, they will instantly address it with no questions ask!

I rather be here and catch any mistakes than later find them and have the dealer address them.

and micro-managing a production crew.

**Most likely not the case, part of him blogging & documneting is marketing in this day in & age** but you never know.

Markiemark:C
Banned member for posting Customer satisfaction maybe catching up : http://rvmiles.com/camping-world-investors-file-class-action-after-stocks-fall-60/
OK to ban per Mark F.

Fifty4F100
Explorer
Explorer
If he has the keys, might not hear anything for a few months.
Glenn in TN
2008 Ford F150 King Ranch
2012 Allegro Breeze BR32
2017 Mini Cooper (future toad)

smacdiesel
Explorer
Explorer
I was wondering the same, really enjoyed seeing the build. Tiffins are great motorhomes, neat how they let him hang out and watch it being built. Winnebago wouldn't let me watch my coach be constructed, I wonder why? I did see some footage of Winnebago assembly on one of those rv tv shows though, it's amazing how much goes into these modern rigs.
2015 Winnebago Vista 35B
1983 Jeep CJ 8 Scrambler

Ed_Gee
Explorer II
Explorer II
Whatever happened to Abner055?? Have seen no picture updates on IN2RV.com in some weeks. Hope all is well!
Ed - on the Central Oregon coast
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad

Rwake901
Explorer
Explorer
Waiting on more pictures. ??. ??

Cloud_Dancer
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm interested in seeing detailed views of exactly how the walls are attached to the chassis, and more important, how the roof is attached to the walls. Since this makes the "box" that's responsible for much of the torsional rigidity of the whole structure the methods used for these joints is extremely important,.....IMO.
Thanks
Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

chevylover1965
Explorer
Explorer
Great photos. Thanks for posting. We just ordered our 36LA this week. Hopefully we can watch the build too. I look forward to seeing your full set of photos.

Have fun
2015 Tiffin Allegro 36 LA
2006 Tiffin Phaeton 40 QDH (Sold)
2016 Chev Equinox LTZ AWD V6
Roadmaster Falcon All Terrain tow bar/US Gear
FBINA 144

2bzy2c
Explorer II
Explorer II
I book marked your site. Looking forward to following it all the way through.
My advice is worth exactly what you paid for it.

Abner055
Explorer
Explorer
Kab449,

Feel free to post the link anywhere and the pictures are certainly royalty free so anyone is welcomed to use them for whatever purpose they want.
Wife, MinPin Penny & Me
2015 Tiffin Allegro 36LA
2013 Honda CR-V EX, AWD, SMI Braking, Blue Ox base-plate, Blue Ox Aventa tow bar.

kab449
Explorer
Explorer
I stated in an earlier post that I didn't get to see my coach built as I bought it from dealer stock. I am living my coach build through your pictures. I am gaining much insight into how my coach is put together from the pictures.
I thank you very much for doing this.
Would you have any objections to me posting the link to your pictures on TRVN?
There are many owners of this model active on that forum.
2017 Heartland Bighorn 3160Elite/2017 F250 Lariat Ultimate
2018 Coachmen Galleria 24Q Class B Mercedes Van
Keith & Brenda
Marley the Maltese
Central PA

Abner055
Explorer
Explorer
Glad to hear that people are enjoying the photos of the build!

Ringer, went to Coon Dog and Rattle Snake Saloon when I was here a few years ago to tour Tiffin. Have to check out Swamp Johns.

A little behind in getting pictures published, but I WILL get caught up! My Cellular connection here at the hotel at night is not very fast. Last hotel also had a terrible WiFi and the one I'm in now doesn't have it.

Hard and long days watching the build, but very well worth it and really enjoying it!!!!

Today they applied the first coat of paint and did the masking for the stripes. Tomorrow all the coach will be painted.
Wife, MinPin Penny & Me
2015 Tiffin Allegro 36LA