cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tire pressure monitoring systems

joema62
Explorer
Explorer
I have reviewed 4 different tire pressure monitoring systems for our Class A RV. These include Pressure Pro, Doran Tire Pressure, Tire Stat, and Tire Sentry. I am totally confused. Has anyone had experience with any of these or can you recommend one I haven't found. I would appreciate any feedback
33 REPLIES 33

RLHAMILTON
Explorer
Explorer
Good morning. We have used Pressure Pro for about 3 years, but kept having trouble with sensors not reading. So, went to TST with Flo-Thru sensors. Like the Flo-Thru sensors, but having trouble reading some on a recent long trip. Don't know if one is any better than the other. Looking to go to RVI Brake monitors when they come out with coach sensors. Good luck!
DICK & JUDY HAMILTON
2012 WINNEBAGO JOURNEY
2017 EQUINOX TOAD
LIFETIME GOOD SAM MEMBER, FMCA, PP AMERICA
FMCA MEMBER F-386544

powderman426
Explorer
Explorer
Though not on a MH, I have the Tiretraker and pleased. I can't recall anyone saying anything bad about any of them, and the worst one has to be better than none. JMO
Ron & Charlotte
WD8CBT since 1976
32' Gulfstream Ameri-Camp & 05 Ram QC LB

I started with nothing and I still have most of it left

I never fail, I just succeed in finding out what doesn't work

fcooper
Explorer
Explorer
I've done a fair amount of analysis since I just upgraded my tpms. Here's my opinion.

Tire Sentry is a good system, but is what I would call a passive system. It's pressure sensor is a mechanical device adjustable by the user that sends a signal to the monitor when pressure drops below a preselected value. It does not provide a reading on the monitor for tire pressure or tire temp. It does use replaceable batteries in the tire sensors. I used a Tire Sentry for years with very few problems, and these were corrected by cleaning the battery contacts, etc. Over a 5 year period, I had to replace 2 sensor transmitters, and the company support was excellent.

Tire Tracker/Tire Minder and other labels of the same system provide tire pressure & temp on the monitor. I've never used this system. Most customers report good results. If you search for the various vendors for this system, notice that the warranty varies from one to multiple years depending upon vendor.

The TST507 provides tire pressure & temp on the monitor. I've just purchased this system and so far I like it. It has replaceable batteries in the tire sensors. I think their 510 system has tire sensors that must be returned to the vendor for battery replacement. I've never used a 510 system.

There are some other systems that seem to be from the same manufacturer as the TST systems that I've seen some posts of happy customers, but I have no experience with these either. One such system is that sold by EEZ RV PRODUCTS. I have no experience with this system either.

I hope this info helps.

Fred
Fred & Vicki
St. Augustine, Florida

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Pressure Pro system that is residing in the "JUNK" drawer, as that is what it is, pure junk. Broke twice in the warranty period and they refused any warranty the 2nd time. Look for a TST system, as that will be what I buy next.

Bob & Betsy - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"

2005 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2017 Rzr 4-900 riding in 16+' enclosed trailer in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today