cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tire Pressure on Thor Freedom Elite 31R

Tonijim
Explorer
Explorer
Just put four Bilstein HDs on our 2010 Freedom Elite 31R at 22,000 miles. Currently carrying 60psi front and rear. No extra weight being carried and no toad this trip. Am I carrying the best pressure on the new shocks for the best ride?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Jim
8 REPLIES 8

Tonijim
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all of the helpful responses.

Jim

RVWithTito
Explorer
Explorer
I run 80 psi on all 6.
2007 Four Winds 31F Class C; Ford E450 Chassis; 250 Watts Solar;

RV Solar, Towing, DIY and Tips on my website RVwithTito.com
Watch My Video Tips at YouTube/RVWithTito

jadatis
Explorer
Explorer
Tonijim wrote:
Just put four Bilstein HDs on our 2010 Freedom Elite 31R at 22,000 miles. Currently carrying 60psi front and rear. No extra weight being carried and no toad this trip. Am I carrying the best pressure on the new shocks for the best ride?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Jim

As long as you did not weigh , we have to go from GAWR's because even empty a motorhome is already close to its maximum weight.
so you think the weight on wheels is way below half of GAWR ( gross axle weight rating) but practice prooves that mostly you are around that GAWR half.

So to let me calculate a safe lowest pressure I need those GAWR's wich can mostly be found on same plate as the original pressure advices.
Also configuration of vehicle like number of axles and tires on the ground front and back.
Also give GVWR ( G vehicle WR) .

From tires the maximum load or loadindex ( single and Dual) and pressure needed for that , read from the sidewall , but also handy is if you give the maximum speed or speedrating of tire ( J= 100km/62m/h, N=140km/87m/h, Q and higher is 160km/99m/h to calculate with).

Give this and I will calculate and give a picture of filled in spreadsheet in my answer.

jeeperdude10
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2011 Chateau 31K and I run 75 front 80 in (all) rear. We have put 28k on the odometer and nary an issue with them. We pull a '98 JEEP Wrangler also. On the maiden voyage I got weighed at one of the commercial truck stop scales and was running just a tad bit under max, so I figure that "an ounce of prevention". It stays ready to go sans the food and clothing items.
2016 Bounder 35K
2014 Freedom Edition JEEP Unlimited
Traveling thru this great country

Sfla2
Explorer
Explorer
most tires in that size say 65 max on single 80 dual based on 4600 front 9500 rear (new 1's might be 5000 front) total MAX 14500 225 75r 16
98 Coachmen "C" Santara Model FL (Front Lounge) 30.4
Ford V 10 Super Duty (same as E 450)

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
Until you get around to weighing it, there is a sticker in the door showing the recommended inflation pressures for maximum rated weight. That is not to say you may not be over the weight rating on one axle or another, with a 32-foot C.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

Tonijim
Explorer
Explorer
Correction to my original post. I meant say that I am presently set at 75psi front and back - not 60 psi.

Jim

pauldub
Explorer
Explorer
Probably not the correct pressure but you can't know until you weigh the front and rear axles and compare the loads to the tire manufactures load tables. This topic is discussed at least weekly. Scroll down a page or two in the forum and you'll find more discussion.