cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tires For E450

lane_hog
Explorer II
Explorer II
Replacing all six of my tires on our E450 Minnie, and considering the following options:

BFG Commercial TA
Cooper Discoverer HT3
Cooper Discoverer HTP

I’ve run Uniroyal Loredo’s, Cooper Discover HT, and Michelin LTX’s and now have two of each on our rig. It’s time to go back to a matched set, but I can’t justify the cost of the Michelin’s after the problems we had with the cracking on them.

Any experience with these? All come in at about $150 a tire plus installation.
  • 2019 Grand Design 29TBS (had a Winnebago and 3x Jayco owner)
  • 2016 F-150 3.5L MaxTow (had Ram 2500 CTD, Dodge Durango)
  • 130W solar and 2005 Honda EU2000i twins that just won't quit
20 REPLIES 20

Hank85713
Explorer
Explorer
I just this summer put 4 on the back of our rig. Got them from discount, the michelin had separated and was causing a thump. They were also cheaper than the michelens and had same load rating and mileage etc. They were Bridgestone Duelers. Put about 3000 miles on them already and they still doing good, no squirm or anything.

lane_hog
Explorer II
Explorer II
What’s the difference between the HT3 and HTP? Not finding a lot of detail online.
  • 2019 Grand Design 29TBS (had a Winnebago and 3x Jayco owner)
  • 2016 F-150 3.5L MaxTow (had Ram 2500 CTD, Dodge Durango)
  • 130W solar and 2005 Honda EU2000i twins that just won't quit

Traver8
Explorer
Explorer
I have been running the Cooper Discoverer HTP on my F350 Drw and have been happy with them. They do not have a tread wear warranty but I got 50k out of mt first set. Now working on the second set. Got them from Discount Tire.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
I use Toyo.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
You are not buying a brand as much as a dealer network which can offer you service when you need it.
The major tire brands that you list are all good tires, I have run all of them on my trucks. No one can tell you this one is always better than that one just because someone had good luck with a certain brand tire. Buy from a good company that backs their warranty.

When you choose a tire, you're buying a dealer network and support, does the dealer network offer good support through areas where you will be traveling or live ?
That's the tire you buy. Don't get hung up on the price of the tire.
Do you drive on forest dirt roads ? Dirt might require a little more aggressive design than a highway tread.

Many class C's are coming thru using Hankook Dynapro LT225/75R16 in a load range E . I have 10,000 on my set, wearing very well, ride nice.

PartyOf_Five
Explorer
Explorer
I'm very happy with Firestone in the Western burbs and the fresh transforce HT they've put on, easy to source and result available because so many medium duty trucks use them.
PartyOf5 appreciating our Creator thru the created. 5 yrsL 50k, 49 states & 9 provinces.

May you find Peace in all you endeavor.