cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tires were made in 2010...do I buy new?

ricelake922
Explorer
Explorer
Hello. I have a 1996 Monaco Dynasty and the DOT on the front Michelin tires reads DOT M53T C83X 2810. For safety reasons only.....do I change the tires? Thank you in advance for your responses.
19 REPLIES 19

Explorer
Explorer
ricelake922 wrote:
To answer the questions asked. ...I bought the coach 4 years this September. I have not covered the tires but now have bought covers. In the 4 years I have not driven a lot because the coach has been getting repaired. I will not be selling the coach because I have put so much money into the coach that I would never get my money back and I just adore the RV I have have learned so much through this site. I plan to do lots of usage with the coach this summer but just in the province of Ontario...so not a ton of mileage. The RV is stored indoors and parked in front of my house with no shade. Hope this helps to get an answer.

Tire dry rot comes from the ground up.
The manatees of Halls river Homosassa Springs Fl

1985 Chevy Silverado c10. 454 stroker / 495 CI = 675 HP. 650lb of torque. Turb0 400 tranny. 3000 stall converter. Aluminum heads. 3 inch exhaust flowmasters. 2 inch headers. Heat and air. Tubed.

Explorer
Explorer
If you want the quick and direct answer ask the manufacturer or your trusted local tire shop. How you took care of the tires may or may not get you more time after 5 years. I blew out two 4 1/2 year old tires lately that were garage kept, lifted up off axels when not in use, looked brand new and properly inflated. Is it really worth serious injury or death?
The manatees of Halls river Homosassa Springs Fl

1985 Chevy Silverado c10. 454 stroker / 495 CI = 675 HP. 650lb of torque. Turb0 400 tranny. 3000 stall converter. Aluminum heads. 3 inch exhaust flowmasters. 2 inch headers. Heat and air. Tubed.

ricelake922
Explorer
Explorer
To answer the questions asked. ...I bought the coach 4 years this September. I have not covered the tires but now have bought covers. In the 4 years I have not driven a lot because the coach has been getting repaired. I will not be selling the coach because I have put so much money into the coach that I would never get my money back and I just adore the RV I have have learned so much through this site. I plan to do lots of usage with the coach this summer but just in the province of Ontario...so not a ton of mileage. The RV is stored indoors and parked in front of my house with no shade. Hope this helps to get an answer.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
E mail mich and ask,would like to here what they say, and if those were in the recall they had, you might be getting new ones .

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
That would depend on how well you took care of them.
Did you keep them covered when not in use?
Did you keep them properly inflated?
Is your vehicle overloaded weight wise for the tires?
Did you "pinch" them on curbs?
How many miles have you put on them?
What are your future plans for the rig? Long trips? Close to home? Snowbird?
What are your future plans for ownership. Plan to keep for how long?
Traveling with my best friend my wife!