cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

toilet

sehunter
Explorer
Explorer
My macerator vacuum pump has stopped working. I'm in Yuma in case someone knows best place to get fixed. Has anyone experienced this with the new toilet system.

My first thought was to bypass the automatic side of this and operate manually in the bathroom. To many wires down there to find the sensor/switch to jump.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Triple checked all fuses, good.
Stan
2008 Bounder
38P, W24, 8.1L, 3 Slides
2019 tow dolly hydraulic brakes
11 REPLIES 11

sehunter
Explorer
Explorer
I thought I should give the final outcome to my pump stopping.

I first took it to Sumbum in Yuma he was quite knowledgeable and had repaired several vacuum systems. Mine was quite unique with a small access hole which would not let him get in far enough for a fix.

Next I called Fleetwood and asked for the nearest Fleetwood dealer, two in Las Vegas and I chose Findlay which was a lucky draw. Called them got a 8am appt in two days. They had my vacuum system functioning as good as new and serviced my refrigerator by the end of the day.

I must say I can't remember having work done on any of my vehicles by a more professional business than Findlays.
Stan
2008 Bounder
38P, W24, 8.1L, 3 Slides

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
sehunter wrote:

I've found a repair place that does work on Vacuflush systems. Hopefully in the next couple of days I can tell you guys the fix.
Thanks,

Did you find the problem?
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog

PastorCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
I had a problem while in in Yuma in 2007 and called a RV mobile tech and he did a very quick, reasonable priced and quality repair.....I do not remember who it was but he was listed in the RV service for Yuma.

sehunter
Explorer
Explorer
Doug, no numbers but it's Dometic vacuflush with holding tank. Executive I'm going to look for that reset.

Please excuse my slow responding I have 2G here in Yuma.

I've found a repair place that does work on Vacuflush systems. Hopefully in the next couple of days I can tell you guys the fix.
Thanks,
Stan
2008 Bounder
38P, W24, 8.1L, 3 Slides

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Mine has both a fuse and a resettable breaker. The fuse is in the panel but the breaker is by the macerator. Look for a small 3/4" X 1 1/2" silver box with two wires going to it. There should be a small button to push to reset....good luck and happy hunting...these things are really small and the techs hide them in out of the way places......Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
I found This on irv2.com. It may help.
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog

sehunter
Explorer
Explorer
One bathroom but the tank is not directly below the toilet so they put some sort of macerator vacuum pump to move the load to the tank. Any way that system quit and so no movement.
Stan
2008 Bounder
38P, W24, 8.1L, 3 Slides

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
vacuum pump, is this in a second half bath? assuming it is removable, I carry a length of stinky slinky along that I can use in an emergency.
bumpy

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
sehunter wrote:
My macerator vacuum pump has stopped working. I'm in Yuma in case

someone knows best place to get fixed.

Has anyone experienced this with the new toilet system.

My first thought was to bypass the automatic side of this and operate manually in the bathroom. To many wires down there to find the sensor/switch to jump.Any suggestions would be appreciated.

If you are at a CG go up to the office and ask the owner who they use for Mobile RV repair. You don't have to move or be without your MH. And the cost way less than taking it to an RV dealer. That's what I would do and do often!

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
The system has a controller AND a Black Tank sensor. IF the sensor is defective or the Black tank over 3/4, the macerator toilet will not operate. Does your touch pad have a red light ON? That indicates a faulty tank sensor and will not allow the toilet to function. What Brand and Model Toilet will help. Doug

lanerd
Explorer II
Explorer II
Are you sure it's just not a blown fuse?

My last coach had a macerator in the wet bay and was removable so that you could take it apart and clean it out or replace the impeller. Not sure how to work on a macerator that is part of the toilet....as our new coach has one on the rear bath's toilet. Hope it never fails!

Ron
Ron & Sandie
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH Cummins ISL 400hp
Toad: 2011 GMC Terrain SLT2
Tow Bar: Sterling AT
Toad Brakes: Unified by U.S. Gear
TPMS: Pressure Pro
Member of: GS, FMCA, Allegro

RETIRED!! How sweet it is....