cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tools and Parts to carry on the road

shark14
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2008 Winnebago View 3.0 L 6 cyl. Turbo Diesel. Before hitting the open roads, we would like to know what items we should carry with us. Spare parts, specialty tools, etc. Any advice would be helpful!!
17 REPLIES 17

RamTX
Explorer
Explorer
I carry an assortment of fuses, light bulbs for both the trailer and vehicle and one complete set of trailer bearings, races and seals along with the tools to install them. I also carry a torque wrench, a screw driver which fits the screw heads used on the trailer and spare screws, a set of allen wrenches and several sizes of crescent wrenches. I use a battery powered drill to raise and lower the rear stabilizer jacks and I am considering purchasing a 1/2 inch battery powered impact wrench (which would replace the battery powered drill) so that I could easily change tires if needed and extend/retract the stabilizer jacks.
2005 Dodge 2500 CTD ShortBed Quad Cab
08 Jayco Eagle Superlite 31.5FBHS
Line X
Superglide Hitch
Prodigy Brake Controller

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
Tire tools, jack, support stand or block, wrench, etc. That's if you want the capability to change a flat tire even if your first response would be road service.
I believe everybody should have a DVOM to at least start troubleshooting electrical issues. If you have a meter that can measure Capacitance and AC Amperage, you can do preliminary checks on Air Conditioning.
Chassis-wise, even the Fords are very sophisticated and Sprinter goes way beyond that. So I'd say: Cell Phone, Extended Warranty Card, Road Service Card and CREDIT CARD.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

Dakzuki
Explorer
Explorer
I'll leave the tools to the mob and chime in if I see it wanting. As for spare parts, I have a fuel filter, oil filter, cabin air filter, engine air filter, and generator air filter. Even if you can't change the fuel filter yourself having it can minimize time stranded while somebody that knows how to do it replaces it. I am no currently carrying belts but I am going to get some. Oh, yeah. Get a couple of quarts of that 229.51 motor oil it uses (made from the breast milk of mermaids). Assorted bulbs too. (headlight, tail light, etc).
2011 Itasca Navion 24J
2000 Chev Tracker Toad