cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tornado Tank Rinse

dmcgiffin
Explorer
Explorer
My MH does not have a black tank rinse so I have been looking at the Tornado. I only have access to the side of the black tank for installation...not the top. Any comments on your experience of installing this would be appreciated. Thanks
Doug and Cathy
2005 Gulfstream Ultra Supreme 37'
Tow Dolly with 2012 Chevy Malibu
8 REPLIES 8

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Considering how the tornado works, SIDE (not the side with the sensors) about 1/2 way up from botom, Best place.. at least a foot from sensor wall if possible, If not, Well mine is IN the sensor wall.

Tornado is 200percent better than "The Flusher" p o s unit they put in there.

(P O S means it belongs in that tank... if you know what I mean PEACE OF.... )
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would return the Tornado as I have had 2 go bad so far. The work great for a short time and then the unit stops rotating. I suspect the shaft rust or debris get stuck but since you can't flush the flusher it doesn't last long.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

ctpres
Explorer
Explorer
Cleaning sensors was most important to me. Could not locate Tornado as recommended. Only option was same end as sensors. I ended up using the provided beveled spacer to direct spray pattern on sensors. NO sensor reading problems since and that was over 5,000 miles and many campgrounds ago.
A "Retired" Mind is a Terrible Thing to Waste
Chuck USNR, USAF & USCGA and Suzie
Challenger Owners Club

2015 Thor Challenger 37KT
2014 Ford Fiesta
2011 Sea Eagle 385 FT kayak
2009 Polaris RZR
2014 Zenetto Stealth road bike

lawrosa
Explorer
Explorer
Since I did not want to drill into my tank, I opted for the camco dual flush pro..

It allows you to fill the tank and drain it again.. Also the spray will spray into the tank... Cleans pretty good..

Just note the spray part will only work if the exit port on the black tank is a straight shot with no bends... This was it spays right up into the tank...

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Camco-RV-Dual-Flush-Pro/7964401

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXubtIXjWfs
Mike L ... N.J.

2006 Silverado ext cab long bed. 3:42 rear. LM7 5.3 motor. 300 hp 350 ft lbs torgue @ 4000 rpms
2018 coachmen Catalina sbx 261bh

taybrynn
Explorer
Explorer
I had the quickie flush on my las trailer and it was awesome and easy to install. Y new rig has a built in black flush that sucks by comparison and has some vacuum anti vacuum on it that seems to render its operation sub par.

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
I installed a Quickie Flush in my Class C and it was one of the best Mods I have done, and pretty simple.

I picked the Quickie Flush over the Tornado because of the high failure rate of the swivel part. A few of my friends had them fail and it leaves it useless in the tank.

The install is pretty straight forward, there is a hokey You Tube video on it.
The only thing that I changed is where the hose connects up with the flusher I put a 90 Degree Elbow in it to reduce the strain on the hose and make it closer to the tank.

It looks like this when finished, with a quick disconnect on the end.

Don't get discouraged if it leaks at the hose connections at first they are sometimes hard to get tight. Tightened mine up and have had no leaks anywhere.
Another suggestion is to make a test hole in a piece of wood or something and test fit the device to the hole. I found that the hole size suggested was much larger than needed.
Good Luck and if you do it let us know how it works out.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

bradyk
Explorer
Explorer
Side/End install the recommended way and easy to do. Did mine many years ago and was one of the better upgrades. Saves a bunch of time, mess and is sure easy to setup. Just remember to blow it out if you are in an area the freezes. Many have exploded from freezing water in the winter time.
2001 Chevrolet 2500hd Silverado LT 4x4 6.0L/4.10
2005 KZ Outdoorsmen 2605PF
Equal-i-zer 10K WDH
Champion 4000W Generator
Champion 2000W Generator x 2
Ken & Sandra
Yugi Dog, Jet Dog

GENECOP
Explorer II
Explorer II
Posistion it as high as possible.....the location may not be ideal but it will be better than nothing at all...the install is easy, I installed the No Fuss Flush....Drill hole, sealent, a couple of screws....