cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touch up paint

RVER
Explorer
Explorer
Where do I start to get the touch up paint for a Newmar Mountainaire 2003 gas with two tone green paint. HUGE amount of pits on front of the rig, amazing, maybe 100 or so little chips. HELP with getting a touch up paint for this job.
2003 Newmar Mountain Aire Vortec engine 35ft
2002 Sunnybrook 34BWTS On site at campground as a seasonal
Chevy Silverado 2500HD with Duramax engine and Allison transmission
Pullrite Superglide Hitch, Prodigy brake controller
S and S Co-Travelers
14 REPLIES 14

discovery4us
Explorer
Explorer
As seen on TV paint chip and scratch restorer:):)

RVER
Explorer
Explorer
THANKS Actually there is a great RV collision shop in Brockton MA that I could have paint the front piece but thought dabbing the pits would help it not rust until I got it painted but will bring to them and see what an estimate will be to paint the front end.
S and S Co-Travelers

2BNOT2B
Explorer
Explorer
Mr.Mark wrote:
RVER wrote:
Where do I start to get the touch up paint for a Newmar Mountainaire 2003 gas with two tone green paint. HUGE amount of pits on front of the rig, amazing, maybe 100 or so little chips. HELP with getting a touch up paint for this job.

Have you thought about just having the front-end painted. A 100 touch-up specs might not look so good. The paint may be faded and the true match-up paint really won't look all that good.

I'm not sure how much it would cost to repaint but it might be worth it to look nice.

Good luck,
MM.

Mr Mark has it right, look up VORTEX paint. I had my front painted and repainted since new. If ever in San Antonio, TX look up Iron Horse RV. They will get it right for you.
03, Fleetwood Expedition, 39Z
300HP Cummins, 6 Speed Allison
2013, Jeep Wrangler Sport

Bruce_Brown
Nutinelse2do has it right. Check inside a kitchen cabinet, the master code will be in there on typically a Sherman Williams sticker.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

cobra350
Explorer
Explorer
Link

I got mine from drcolorchip.com after getting paint codes. Very good match and easy to use kit.
Rick & Darlene Carson
16 Berkshire XLT 43A
15 Ford Explorer (the toad)
14 Shelby GT500
02 Ford Ranger
08 Honda Goldwing

Campinghoss
Explorer II
Explorer II
I had a few spots on ours. The local NAPA store has a paint analyzer. You clean a spot on the paint you would like to match, put the gizmo on, and it reads the paint. They have the computer in the store that reads what the analyzer said and gives them the codes necessary. It matched perfectly.
Camping Hoss
2017 Open Range 3X 388RKS
MorRyde IS with disc brakes
2017 F-350 6.7 with hips 8'bed
Lucie our fur baby
Lucky 9/15/2007 - 1/30/2023

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
Most quality body shops have an optical scanner that will match the color perfectly
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
PastorCharlie wrote:
Call Newmar and give them the Vin number and they probably can supply you with original color touchup.

That's exactly what We did, they gave us the paint number and manufacturer, we had a pint mixed.
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
Paint codes should be in one of your kitchen cabinets. Should be Sherwin Williams Paint.
We bought ours at Paintscratch.com. If you know the codes, it will make your life much easier.

Newmar doesn't carry touchup paint for the older coaches anymore. I think only 2012 and newer are available from them.
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
RVER wrote:

Have you thought about just having the front-end painted. A 100 touch-up specs might not look so good. The paint may be faded and the true match-up paint really won't look all that good.

I'm not sure how much it would cost to repaint but it might be worth it to look nice.

Good luck,
MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
Check through the documentation for paint codes. The code for our Landau is on the build sheet glued inside a closet door. With that code, I was able to search online and determine that certain year Chrysler vehicles used that color. With that information, there are online sources for custom mixed brush and spray touch-up paint. I used AutomotiveTouchup.com and was very pleased with the service and color match. Local body shop paint suppliers usually can also custom mix paints by paint code, but may not be willing to do small touch-up quantities.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

RVER
Explorer
Explorer
YES thanks, was just hoping there was a paint I could buy around here but you are right, call NEWMAR
S and S Co-Travelers

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
If not try calling some automotive paint suppliers and see if they can color match it for you. Many paint stores have color analyzers and can do it right in their parking lot.

PastorCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
Call Newmar and give them the Vin number and they probably can supply you with original color touchup.