cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Towing fuse box location

ItascaTom2005
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2005 Horizon Itasca, I have hooked up my tow dolly to check all lights, brakes ext, only to find the running lights aren't working. I have been told it's a blown fuse but for the life of me I can't find this fuse box! It's a Freightliner chassis if that makes a difference. Thanks for any help

And when I hook the tow dolly to my truck ALL lights are working so I know the problem is on the RV
12 REPLIES 12

Beverley_Ken
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the update and glad it was a simple and inexpensive repair.

Ken
2006 Winnebago Outlook 29B E-450.
2012 Honda CR-V AWD
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar and Brake Buddy Vantage.

ItascaTom2005
Explorer
Explorer
Emiddleb you were right on the money!!!! Thanks for the help and info, lights working, 20A blown fuse.

RayChez
Explorer
Explorer
Crawl under on the passenger side in the rear. There should be a wire harness going towards the rear end cap. There is a plug there with some fuses in it that will go towards your toad plug. Also for your tail lights, stop and signals. Mine has tags on it telling you what the wires are for.
2002 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser
330 HP Caterpillar 3126-E
3000 Allison Transmission
Neway Freightliner chassis
2017 Buick Envision

ItascaTom2005
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks emiddleb, this is very helpful! I will check this in the morning.

emiddleb
Explorer
Explorer
The fuses and relay boxes are built and supplied by Freightliner but the coach manufacturer mounts them wherever they must to fit the coach's layout.

On my '04 Vectra (co-model to your Horizon) the fuses are at the very rear (driver's side) of the coach in the same bay as the side radiator. The bay door needs to be unscrewed and swung open (and propped, no struts.) The fuses were in a cutout opening on the right. There are separate fuses for the lights and left/right brake/turn. As I recall, they were 20a ATM fuses (the smaller blade type.)
2004 Winnebago Vectra 40KD
Roadmaster Tow Dolly

GPWayne
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2008 Winne Destination and had the same problem.

You need to find the Freightliner Aft fuse and relay box.

I found mine in the compartment with the power cord behind a panel that does not look removable. It was a real bear to get access. I made an access door in the panel before replacing the panel.

What you are looking for is a covered box with many cable plugs going to it.
It is the same as the one inside the (large) forward fuse box.

Use care removing the panel if you have 12 volt circuit breakers in the compartment. (The aft fuse box is below)

Returned after dinner>>>>>>>
I think the post below nailed it.
At least, I hope so for your sake. A lot easier than what I went through. I know people (Dealer shop) tapped into the MH lights because they could not find the fuse box.
Good luck.

ItascaTom2005
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Ken, yes I can figure it out, I just retired from 36 years in Engineering.

Beverley_Ken
Explorer
Explorer
If your good at reading wiring diagrams here's the link Winnebago Resources wiring.

Ken
2006 Winnebago Outlook 29B E-450.
2012 Honda CR-V AWD
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar and Brake Buddy Vantage.

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
Ours is in a box with a yellow 2 painted on it in the rear-most PS compartment, Tiffins may be different than yours but it is a Freightliner.
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

ItascaTom2005
Explorer
Explorer
Trying to avoid taking it to a shop to replace a blown fuse but I'm stumped and I can usually repair most anything....if I can find it! lol

ItascaTom2005
Explorer
Explorer
Diesel pusher and I don't see any type of compartment in that area. Been all through it and nothing!

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
In engine compartment should be a chassis fuse panel (Behind Hood Panel...cover with twist lock clips on it)

Look in chassis manual for which fuse feeds 'tow side markers/running lights'
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31