cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Towing

leonbrasher66
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone towed a full size Chevy Tahoe?
9 REPLIES 9

polar76
Explorer
Explorer
No, but I have towed my 2011 4x4 Avalanche that should weigh in close to the same at about 5700lb.

Oh , I tow it with a 33' Country Coach…. 8.3L diesel pusher.
pretty good load!
1997 32' Country Coach Allure
2014 Jeep Sahara

:C

Nomadac
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:
Our 96, 37' Southwind has a towing capacity of 3500 pounds.
A Tahoe will be well over that weight.
The capacity will be stamped on the motorhomes tow hitch receiver.

The towing capacity should be on a plate somewhere in the MH listing GCWR, Towing Capacity, CCC, etc. the capacity on the tow hitch receiver is the capacity for the hitch, not the chassis/MH.

I have a class V hitch that has a 12K-13K towing capacity, but my MH has a 10K towing capacity on the chassis plate that list frt. axle, rear axle, GCWR, etc.
Arnie
2003 Travel Supreme MH
38KSO1 Cummins ISC 350HP
2004 Honda Pilot w/SMI Air Force One Brake Sys.
1963 Pontiac Grand Prix 20' Enclosed Car Trailer

Daveinet
Explorer
Explorer
leonbrasher66 wrote:
1996 fleetwood southwind. 454 Chevy.36'. not sure about the tow weight. how would I find out?
'96 is a transitional year between TBI and Port. Huge difference in power between the 2. Is this a long term plan or a one time shot? If one time shot, are you towing across the Midwest, or towing through mountains?
IRV2

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Our 96, 37' Southwind has a towing capacity of 3500 pounds.
A Tahoe will be well over that weight.
The capacity will be stamped on the motorhomes tow hitch receiver.

bsinmich
Explorer
Explorer
My '96, 35' Pace Arrow on a 454 Vortec had a 3500# limit for towing based on hitch and trnsmission. Chevrolet said that anything over 1500# required auxiliary braking on the toad.
1999 Damon Challenger 310 Ford

leonbrasher66
Explorer
Explorer
1996 fleetwood southwind. 454 Chevy.36'. not sure about the tow weight. how would I find out?

hammer01
Explorer
Explorer
I tow a 2008 gmc 4x4 1500 with my 2004 pace arrow. i have the auxillary brake on the truck and never had a probem.

Two_Hands
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome to the forum. You should have posted this in the dingy towing forum. Mena661 was right, but he/she should have gone further. First you should read your Tahoe's owner's manual and find out if it is towable or if something needs to be done to make it towable. Next find out how much the Tahoe weighs and how much your class A or class C is rated to tow and how much the reciever on your A or C is rated to tow. That brings us back to the comment from Mena661. What are you going to use to tow the Tahoe?
2015 Fleetwood Excursion 33D
2016 Grand Cherokee Limited
Retired Law Enforcement
U.S. Army 1965-1973/RVN 1968-'69

I am the frequent recipient of "Get out of the way old man!"