cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Transporting Portable Waste Tanks

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
Wondering how you guys with Class C's transport your portable waste tanks on the RV? This means, not in the back of the dinghy or anything, but using the class C itself.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L
6 REPLIES 6

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wrap it in a huge garbage bag and store it somewhere.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks. We have a 35 gallon one that we used with the TT that we would throw in the back of e truck. But since we don't have the truck anymore and the TT was stored at a campground we didn't use it lately. I almost got rid of it and glad I didn't. We are tradi in the TT and getting a class c. The gray tank is less than half the size of the one that was in the TT. So I can see use using the portable for emptying it at campgrounds it hour sewage. I did find a thing on the camping world website for lawn chairs that hooks on to the ladder that is like a shelf. I could set it on there and then strap to the ladder. Not ideal, but I don't want to put it in the storage bins of the camper. Although it never has, it would be my luck that it would leak out some residual water or something. Also my wife don't want it in her new 2013 explorer. Lol. I we tow her explorer or she drives it behind me, I can put on a rack on the back of her car. If we tow mine (or no car at all), there is no rack to do it on my car and it would probably have to go on the ladder.

Was just wondering if there were any other ways that I have not thought of. And we do not us it for black water, only gray water.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

dennislanier
Explorer
Explorer
Not a lot of options. Either attached to the ladder or in the basement storage area. I personally put mine in the trunk of the toad and set it under my class C when arriving at the campground. Don't like the idea of hanging it on the ladder, and it takes up too much space in my basement so the trunk is an easy option for me. I suppose you could put it inside the Class C while traveling but I would never do that myself.

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
This problem is why I don NOT recommend using the portable for black water.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

Sooboy
Explorer
Explorer
rockhillmanor wrote:
I see a lot of them strapped to the ladder.

I've seen this as often as we'll....but it looks terrible IMHO.
2012 Jayco Embark TB390
Blue Ox Aventa LX Tow Bar
2009 Honda CRV (mini toad)
2014 Ford F-150 4x4 (monster toad)
FMCA #F413428

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
I see a lot of them strapped to the ladder.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.