cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

traveler sat. dish

allbrandauto
Explorer
Explorer
going to install traveler sat. dish for my 2007 Fleetwood bounder do I need to buy the reinforcement plate or is this over kill
19 REPLIES 19

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
I don't worry about the Travler since the footprint is huge. But the the arm is being forced into the roof by the weight of the arm, and the arm tensioning spring once the reflector is stowed all delivered to that wheel. It'd be interesting to measure that force. Anyone got a fish scale?
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

cat199
Explorer
Explorer
I have one on my 2007 bounder diesel. No reforcement plate was needed, I did buy the small plate for the roller to roll on. Been on for 2 years no problems, and no problems with the operation. I would spend the money again for it.

ezgoin
Explorer
Explorer
My installer originally didn't plan on adding a roller plate on my rubber roof, but I insisted on one based on Winegards recommendation. (I even emailed Winegard to confirm its use, and showed him the email.) The plate is only about 4" x 4", much smaller than I had envisioned. But, it's there, and I feel more comfortable with it there.
The older I get....the better I was.

Bill & Terry
And our canine kids, Skippy & Peanut
2014 Fleetwood Bounder Classic 30T
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Toad

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
SCVJeff wrote:
fpresto wrote:
Rather than add a landing pad for the roller when the dish is stowed I just added a strip of EternaBond. Works great.
That arm pushes pretty hard on the roof and the intent is to spread the load out. I Dicor'd a SS plate on the roof that's 4"x10"

That's actually not the intent. The intent is to simply prevent the minimal side to side movement while stowed from causing damage to the rubber membrane. In most cases a strip of Eternabond would accomplish that without issue.
The guideline for a landing plate is EPDM rubber type roof and not roof structure. Having said that, if you had a roof structure that concerns you enough to make you think you need a landing plate you should probably install the entire thin roof mounting plate. Putting additional protection under the wheel is never a bad thing, just unnecessary in most non-rubber roof installations.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
fpresto wrote:
Rather than add a landing pad for the roller when the dish is stowed I just added a strip of EternaBond. Works great.
That arm pushes pretty hard on the roof and the intent is to spread the load out. I Dicor'd a SS plate on the roof that's 4"x10"
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Used Dicor on my rigs and for my sons solar panel wiring. Click here.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
As mentioned above, the Genie works just like at home in an RV with the SWM3 Trav'ler. It's pretty easy to explain.....It's the exact same antenna you have at home, just made mobile!
I have the Genie plus an H25 instead of a client. It's a belt and suspenders approach in case my Genie were to die I could move the H25 and at least watch 1 channel until I got my Genie fixed. The good news is that I have had the Genie in the RV for over a year without a single issue.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

allbrandauto
Explorer
Explorer
so for a fiberglass roof just drill a entry hole than every few feet use dicor in a mound to secure cables to roof

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
allbrandauto wrote:
wow did you drill thru roof for cables
For fiberglass or aluminum roofs use Dicor to secure the wires every few feet along the roof and where they enter.

Bob

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
ezgoin wrote:
I'm not Bill.Satellite, but I just had a new Trav'ler installed and my Genie (HR-44) and a Genie client for the BR both work perfectly when moved from the house the MH. No set-up issues at all. Plug 'em in watch TV.
For the client - C41 or C41W?

Do you have to configure the remotes for the different TV types?

Bob

allbrandauto
Explorer
Explorer
wow did you drill thru roof for cables

allbrandauto
Explorer
Explorer
smlranger wrote:
I've installed two Travelers on fiberglass roofs and never used the plate. However, I believe they recommend the plate on a rubber roof. Does your Fleetwood have the rubber (EDPM) roof?

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks "ezgoin", the Genie is the first product from DirecTv that has worked really well.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

ezgoin
Explorer
Explorer
DSDP Don wrote:

Side Note: "Bill.Satellite".....Will the new DirecTv Genie work with the new TravLer antenna with SWM, without any issues or special equipment. I love my new Genie at home....want one in the coach.

I'm not Bill.Satellite, but I just had a new Trav'ler installed and my Genie (HR-44) and a Genie client for the BR both work perfectly when moved from the house the MH. No set-up issues at all. Plug 'em in watch TV.
The older I get....the better I was.

Bill & Terry
And our canine kids, Skippy & Peanut
2014 Fleetwood Bounder Classic 30T
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Toad