cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triton V-10

Gooding__R
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2009 Coachmen Concord 27TS Class C. This unit has a Ford Diesel. The power and performance of this unit is great. I am looking at new Class A with the Triton V-10 and was hoping someone has some knowledge on the performance of the Class A up to 36ft. with this engine. I hate to lose the diesel power but I need more room.
19 REPLIES 19

jolooote
Explorer
Explorer
Just make sure its the post 2006 V10 with the 362 HP & 5 speed trann, 6-7 MPG. I've had an older V10 with the 305 HP & 4 speed tranny. AWFUL! The V10 with 305 HP & newer 5 speed Tranny in a small Class'C' is great, 10 mpg.
Joe & Charlotte

2020 Jayco Greyhawk Prestige 29MV Celestial Blue Full Body Paint E-450 305hp V10 6spd Class C 'COACH'

2012 Jeep Wrangler 285hp V6 'TOAD'

Gabby & Molly are Dogs
Leroy's a Conure, Loretta's a Squeaker

"Once it starts breakin'...GET RID OF IT!!!"

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Colo Native wrote:
Triton V10 is almost bullet proof but there is a difference with the gasser the RPM's run higher, the mileage is less 7-8 and if you go up mountains it will be slower. I went from a Class A gasser to a Diesel truck big difference IMO.

We had a Triton V10, 6.8L F250 towing an 11k TT and it performed exactly like this along with the 7mpg when towing! Interesting.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

Colo_Native
Explorer
Explorer
Triton V10 is almost bullet proof but there is a difference with the gasser the RPM's run higher, the mileage is less 7-8 and if you go up mountains it will be slower. I went from a Class A gasser to a Diesel truck big difference IMO.
2015 Winnebago Forza 34T
pushed by a 2011 Fusion Hybrid or 2020 Escape Hybrid
Retired DFD

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
One of, if not THE best Ford engine, has been around for a long time, with good reason. Very capable, but very thirsty. But mileage is all relative in our pursuits, isn't it? Good luck with your decision.
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

“Certainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard

wildmanbaker
Explorer
Explorer
It will perform acceptably, but you will not have the same HP or torque, especially in the lower rpm range. In other words, it will be slower to react to throttle changes than the diesel. Fuel mileage will also be lower.
Wildmanbaker