cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New LTV model built on the Ford Transit chassis.

My_Roadtrek
Explorer
Explorer
24 REPLIES 24

Tripalot
Explorer
Explorer
A corner bed with the cut off corner does not appeal to a lot of people who are a bit taller. Climbing over someone to get out of bed is a minus as well. Also we find the bathroom in most units with that floorplan to be tight - useable, but not the best.

For us, a comfortable queen bed and a real bathroom with a good shower are top priorities. As you get older, your comfort wants are more important.
2014 Triple E Regency GT24MB (Murphy Bed) with all the good stuff
towing a 2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Berkley, the amazing camping cat missed dearly (1996-2012)

Expyinflight
Explorer
Explorer
Scottsdale RV....in Scottsdale, Arizona also has very competitive pricing on Coachmen Freelanders.
2017 Winnebago Spirit 25b

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
coolmom42 wrote:

I want one! Maybe ElMonte will buy a bunch of them for a rental fleet and sell them cheap in a year or so.

Could be but keep an eye out at Road Bear Rentals they rent and sell Coachmen Freelanders,you may get a great deal.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

ron_dittmer
Explorer II
Explorer II
mlts22 wrote:
Confirmed.
Nice For The Price! $63K is a competitive price.

For $20K more, you get a PC-2350 which is basically the same floor plan minus the upper bunk. Also comparable length & width, but built much better and marketed for two rather than a family of four. Offered on the E350, E450, & Sprinter right now.

That Freelander Micro 20CBT is priced nice for a young family on a budget. $20k more can easily break a budget, but if you have the extra $20K to work with, and you are just two people, you might consider a PC-2350 with a slide-less dinette.

Here are the two floor plans for comparison.

2016 Freelander Micro 20CBT, 23'-7"L x 91.5"W

2016 Phoenix Cruiser 2350, 23'-11"L x 93"W
We have this model, this floorplan. See ours HERE, 9 years old now but little has changed over the years.

coolmom42
Explorer II
Explorer II
Expyinflight wrote:
Today I found pictures of the new 2016 Coachmen Freelander 20CBT, on the (gas 3.7L v6) Ford Transit 350 chassis. The yellow occupant and cargo sticker lists a capacity of 1,973 lbs. That seems rather substantial. Showing a sales price of $62,900.

The link is below.

I want one! Maybe ElMonte will buy a bunch of them for a rental fleet and sell them cheap in a year or so.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

Expyinflight
Explorer
Explorer
Being 'non slide' is what interests me. I don't want one. Been down that road with enough rain storms and enough years under my belt to know they are usually sooner rather than later....a PITA. Especially in a coach with no leveling jacks. No thanks. I'll stick to the basics, and be quite happy.

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
Confirmed.

I really wish this had a dinette slide. Just that one thing would make a big difference... and even with a weight penalty, there would still be an adequate amount of CCC left over.

Expyinflight
Explorer
Explorer
Today I found pictures of the new 2016 Coachmen Freelander 20CBT, on the (gas 3.7L v6) Ford Transit 350 chassis. The yellow occupant and cargo sticker lists a capacity of 1,973 lbs. That seems rather substantial. Showing a sales price of $62,900.

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
My Roadtrek wrote:
The Transit is so much better than the ancient Ford. Ride, cab comfort & ergonomics, leg room, gas mileage, safety, etc, etc. Some people don't like change, and that's OK.
LTV makes quality RV's and I bet the seats are more comfortable than they look.
Looks like you can squeek by to the bathroom with the bed down.

Agreed, except in Australia, they are using the Renault Master more for their midsize Class C

ron_dittmer
Explorer II
Explorer II
My Roadtrek wrote:
I think it's more a Tourer, than a camper. Maybe as an alternative to the more expensive Class B's
The dimensions are not given so maybe I am not giving it a proper analysis. I am thinking it is around the size of our rig. If it is a lot smaller like a class B is, then they offer much in a small package.

My_Roadtrek
Explorer
Explorer
I think it's more a Tourer, than a camper. Maybe as an alternative to the more expensive Class B's

ron_dittmer
Explorer II
Explorer II
I love the Transit chassis, I love the Leisure Travel Vans brand, I don't like the LTV Wonder floor plan. Hopefully they will offer others that are more live-in friendly.

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
As I remember, Transit chassis costs less than E350 and a lot less than E450. Not much carrying capacity as noted above, but I think it's close to the '70's-'80's E350's and probably the Chevvies as well. That can make for a pretty satisfying small Class C. It's possible LTV is using "cheaper" materials that also help keep the weight of the coach house within limits.

I think there's room for an entry level Class C that does not come at the price premium required to put a Sprinter chassis under it. And that has better capacity than the RAM Promaster-based ones.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

bob_nestor
Explorer III
Explorer III
My impression looking at the floor plan and photos is that this is a lower cost version of the Unity. Looks like they're using fabric and laminate instead of leatherette and real wood. Maybe they're trying to duplicate the success of the Unity line in a new line at a much lower price to attract a different set of buyers. If so I'd expect to see other floor plans in this new line that parallel the Unity and Serenity.

It's a shame they dropped the Free Spirit but maybe it just wasn't attracting enough buyers. But maybe building multiple lines with similar floor plans will allow them to catch up on production. Sure would be nice to see them reduce their lead time in manufacturing. The last time I checked it was about 8 months which is a LONG time to wait for an RV you've placed on order.