cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unicorn hunting - Assistance needed

kereams
Explorer
Explorer
I have been doing a plethora of research on purchasing a Class B that is truly designed and equipped for harsh winter camping. Staying in the ski resort parking lots without hookups type of camping yet having running water and a flush toilet. Needs excellent insulation, thermal windows, tanks that are enclosed and heated by the furnace (not pads), heated storage, etc...

Does it exist?

We came from a 2011 F350 with a Chalet camper and it worked excellent in the snow but are really wanting to move to a van.

Cross posted on the Class B forums too...

Thanks for your time and knowledge.
Cheers,
Keith
*2011 F350 SRW CC/LB/PSD - Mods: Custom overload springs with custom early engagement blocks~Firestone Airbags~Hellwig Big Wig Rear Sway~Rancho RS9000XL~Bilstein Steering Damper~19.5" Hankook DH01'a on steel wheels.
*2012 Chalet Ascent S95R Camper
6 REPLIES 6

wowens79
Explorer III
Explorer III
I saw one on one of the RV shows the other day. I can't remember who made it. It was 4x4 Spinter Van. It was owned by a Olympic skier that did a back country ski guide service.
2022 Ford F-350 7.3l
2002 Chevy Silverado 1500HD 6.0l 268k miles (retired)
2016 Heritage Glen 29BH
2003 Flagstaff 228D Pop Up

kereams
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks people for the information.
*2011 F350 SRW CC/LB/PSD - Mods: Custom overload springs with custom early engagement blocks~Firestone Airbags~Hellwig Big Wig Rear Sway~Rancho RS9000XL~Bilstein Steering Damper~19.5" Hankook DH01'a on steel wheels.
*2012 Chalet Ascent S95R Camper

401nailhead
Explorer
Explorer
The custom made B's could address this desire. I am not sure about Sportsmobile either way on this issue, but you should inquire. I do know that when my family received a tour of the Advanced RV facilities in Willoughby, Ohio a little over a year ago, one of their custom projects underway was a heavily insulated van interior for winter travel. I don't recall hearing how they were addressing the plumbing, but it's likely that they had some custom plans on that. I would definitely give both a call. Custom equals $$, but it also equals freedom and addressing specific needs. Good Luck.

stan909
Explorer
Explorer
The Travato 59k model has all water lines and fresh water tank inside. You would need to run heater even while away. Grey and black tanks could have heating pads installed. Nobody has dual pane windows.

Roy_Lynne
Explorer
Explorer
I believe any of the high end Class Bs will be about the same, your going to have to do a lot of added insulation, heat strips, heavy curtains, rugs etc. In our area we have a couple of excellent RV mechanics and they would be the ones I would go to to ask In your area, I would go to Camper World and talk to the salesmen there. I've worked with them before and the guy I spoke with seemed very knowledgeable.

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
ClickyLook at Adventurer class C - Fraserway RV