cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Upgrading our couch

Ed___Lynne
Explorer
Explorer
Want to replaced our sofa in our coach with a sofa bed and canโ€™t decide on the material for couch (want durable but soft and comfortable) and if the mattress should be air or memory foam. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated and thanks in advanced!
Ed & Lynne
Diesel pusher Travel Supreme 40DS02, 03'# 651
& Aspen
2-Polaris ATV's

Enjoying the beauty of our land and time around the campfire.

8 REPLIES 8

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
Concerning the material I would go with micro fiber if you have the option. Easy to clean and pretty durable. I'm considering having the couch and front seats in my coach recover this winter and micro fiber is looking like a good compromise between fabric and leather concerning cost and durability.
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you forget the air mattress you'll be ok. ๐Ÿ™‚ I suggest memory foam.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
Gel Memory Foam. We have been through 2 bladders for the air mattress and then the outside cover shredded.
Unless you want leather, most sofas are either chenille or microfiber. Ours is chenille and is 11 years old and still looks good.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
Memory foam in fact a GEL MEMORY FOAM
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

rstoro
Explorer
Explorer
we replaced our old sofa with an air mattress with a pull out mattress, I find the air mattresses are a pain having to inflate deflate everytime you want to use it. Now we just unfold the sofa bed and it much easier

RayChez
Explorer
Explorer
Go with the memory foam. Too many RVer's not happy with the air mattress.
2002 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser
330 HP Caterpillar 3126-E
3000 Allison Transmission
Neway Freightliner chassis
2017 Buick Envision

bsinmich
Explorer
Explorer
I have seen a few reports of the air mattresses having leak problems. If I was doing it I would get a regular mattress with an air mattress to put on top as a separate item. That way a leak doesn't mean the floor for the night.
1999 Damon Challenger 310 Ford

Sully2
Explorer
Explorer
Ed & Lynne wrote:
Want to replaced our sofa in our coach with a sofa bed and canโ€™t decide on the material for couch (want durable but soft and comfortable) and if the mattress should be air or memory foam. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated and thanks in advanced!

Foam for the mattress and check out Bradd & Hall for various styles...etc
presently.....Coachless!...
2002 Jeep Liberty
2016 Ford Escape