cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

use 2 inch eternabond instead of 4 or 6 inch????

donsuefuggrwe
Explorer
Explorer
Everyone seems to be using 4 or 6 inch Eternabond to seal their roof. Seems to me that 2 inch would handle most of the seams on my 2001 Tradewinds. A lot cheaper. Is 2" a problem???
7 REPLIES 7

steelpony5555
Explorer
Explorer
If you're putting it down over chaulking sometime 2 inch may be just a little close. But I would rather have 1-2 inches of tape on each side of the seam as a good barrier to water instead of maybe 1/2-1 inch. It don't cost that much different to get better protection..
14 Cedar Creek Silverback 29IK
10 Dodge 3500 Dually Laramie 6.7 Diesel
14 Chrysler 300
07 Pearl White Ultra Classic (My new Baby)

Texas Boomers---Stop by for a Margie some time!

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
I went with 4" - probably overkill for side seams but needed that width for overhead seam on Class C. I'd rather have more than less when it comes to avoiding water intrusion.
Kevin

havasu
Explorer
Explorer
It totally depends upon your roof and how much you need to overlap.

On the basis that I only ever wanted to do it once, spending the $100 on 2 rolls of 4" was worthwhile compared to the $60 for the 2". It overlaps more than it probably needs to, but more is better than too little.

If all you are covering is a hairline join between seams then I am sure that 2" is sufficient - in my case I had to also cover a raised transition strip between the panels and so I used 4"

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
2 inch works for me to cover seams, hardware and transitions.
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53

univmd
Explorer
Explorer
We use the 2" wide tape too, works perfectly.
2008 Gulfstream Tourmaster
2011 Honda CRV
Blue Ox Baseplate & Socket Wiring
Blue Ox Alladin Tow Bar
US Gear Unified Tow Brake

Pangaea_Ron
Explorer
Explorer
2" wide worked well for me.
2008 Itasca SunCruiser 35L
2014 Honda AWD CR-V EX-L

pkunk
Explorer
Explorer
The 4" isn't that much more expensive and it's a whole lot easier to get a good overlap past the screw holes and onto a good clean section of roof.
1999 Coachman Mirada 34 ft.V10-F53 chassis
12ft.LR slide-2 gp31 AGM 12V @220AH