cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Velvac Mirror

demoon
Explorer
Explorer
OK, after ten years in and out of the same driveway, I finally managed to find the garage with my mirror. The mirror lost. Housing damaged, totally loosened/broke something inside, support arm not at all damaged. Checked Velvac site and these things are very pricey. Has anyone had any experience with repairs or replacement.
2006 Surf Side 34'with inverted Velvac power/heated mirrors. (Velvac does not seem to think Surf Sides were made in 2006, but the 2007 unit appears to be the same). Interesting tidbit - NADA does not seem to think there is a 2006 Surf Side either.
Any thoughts, suggestions, or ideas greatly appreciated.
10 REPLIES 10

robertbenita
Explorer
Explorer
JB Weld not work for my mirror inner metal plate. outside forces on it and weakened metal were probably to blame, but it did not work for me...ymmv

John_Wayne
Explorer II
Explorer II
Also try Walts rv supply in CA. They bought National overstock when National was in business my have what you need
John & Carol Life members
01 31'Sea View single slide, F53 V-10 with 134,000 miles and counting.
2012 Jeep Liberty Smi brake system
Security by Bentley
God Bless

KF6HCH

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
X2 on JB Weld... what do you have to loose?
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

Explorer
Explorer
There's always JB Weld!!!
Mark

2000 Itasca Suncruiser 35U on a Ford chassis, 80,000 miles
2003 Ford Explorer toad with Ready Brake supplemental brakes,
Ready Brute tow bar, and Demco base plate.

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
I bought two replacement heads and arms on eBay for less than $300. Took a while as most wanted over $1000 for those four items. Velvac's price over $2500.
PS, they look to be as good as new.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

eadeal55
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.ryderfleetproducts.com/van-and-pick-up-mirror-heads-c-9462

this link will take you to the site where I purchased the Velvac mirror I broke off backing into a tree lined site. The shaft between the mirror head and RV bracket is scored so it will break off there instead of ripping the arm off the motorhome. I think I paid about $125 shipped to my door, and it took all of 5 min to replace.
Andy & Lee + Molly, the 4 lb Chihuahua
2020 Tiffin Wayfarer 25RW...towing a
2007 Chevy HHR LT2 w/2.4L EcoTec,
Blue Ox Aventa LX, Brake Buddy Classic
FMCA #F359977 - Colonial Virginians, Past President 2012-14, 2018

robertbenita
Explorer
Explorer
Velvac was very helpful when I found the pillar in my driveway with my driver-side mirror. I actually damaged the metal plate inside the mirror, but the glass and outside cover was fine as was the swing arm. Not too difficult to repair on my own after finding Velvac and ordering part and then using the instructions and hints from their staff. Good luck!

William_B
Explorer
Explorer
Also try calling Velvac, we just replaced parts of ours as the chrome was peeling. Most parts are available individually making the cost lower. Also Visone may have salvage parts as well.
Full timing since 2004
2007 Holiday Rambler Navigator 45' DD Series 60
2019 Dodge Ram 1500 Limited

Our Blog

Valkyriebush
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like the shear bolt broke as it is designed to do so the arm and body aren't damaged. You can put a bolt up thru it but the risk is next time its hit it will damage the arm. cause it won't snap off. I eventually replaced it with a new one. I did replace a lower mirror once too.
Command Master Chief (AW) USN, (ret)
2003 Fleetwood Excursion 330 Turbo Cat 39D
2000 Jeep GC
2005 Big Ruckus (Rides Behind Jeep)
2003 VTX 1800

MrWizard
possibly your best chance is Colaw RV salvage in Mo.

when my drivers side 1995 got busted a few weeks ago
i contacted them on there website, they answered via email
and i send them a picture and the info
they had one available, $150 plus the $27.13 shipping
it is now mounted and we are whole again
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s