Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Very Short Term Storage Ideas in Memphis

Squealers
Explorer
Explorer
Hey Gang,

I am heading to Florida for spring training in a few weeks (second week of March) and need to stop off in Memphis for a conference for 4-5 days at the Peabody Hotel. My accommodations at the conference are covered and I need to stay there to be able to access all the events/sessions, etc.

Anyone have a brilliant idea of where I can safely store/park my RV during those 4 days? I don't know if local campgrounds are open during this time frame as this would be probably the best solution....set it up and head into Memphis for those days.

Any ideas from those of you with knowledge of Memphis would be helpful. Thanks all!
2006 Four Winds Hurricane 34N
2014 Jeep Cherokee 4X4 Toad

USAF Veteran. 75-81 SAC "Giant Talk" ATC-
Combat Crew Communications

Squealers = Steelers & Arkansas Razorbacks Fan
13 REPLIES 13

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for keeping us updated. Sounds like you got a good deal.
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes

Squealers
Explorer
Explorer
OK, issue resolved, and thank you everyone who helped, especialy those of you who google earthed the location. The hotel wanted 50 dollars for the RV and another 26 dollars for the toad per day. That ruled that out quickly. I found a local RV campground which was highly rated, and spoke to the manager. I will pull in, get basic electric and water for 22 dollars a night and know that it is as safe and sound and warm as possible.

Once again, thanks all!

obgraham
Explorer
Explorer
Me too. I think the RV place will be safer than parking downtown in a back lot.

clayway
Explorer
Explorer
Early March in Tennessee, I would take the RV Park, & be happy to know I am plugged in & have no worries about a freeze

okhmbldr
Explorer
Explorer
Google earth view shows a large parking just to the south of the building, and there is a very large parking lot one block east of the hotel. I would call the hotel and just ask, I'm sure they have had MH guests in the past. Keep it close and then you're ready to roll!

dan-nickie
Explorer
Explorer
I google mapped it.
Looks like it is in a very commercial area.
All parking is 'garage' parking multi-level.
Dan and Nickie
2014 Forest River Berkshire 390RB

okhmbldr
Explorer
Explorer
I would do a Google earth search of the hotel and view the parking lot. If it's spacious enough for the motorhome, then call the hotel, tell them you will be arriving in your MH, and ask permission to park in a secluded corner. Might work.

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
We've stayed at hotels during some family reunions. We stayed in a room and put our coach in the hotel parking lot.

Of course, we got permission to do that from the hotel.
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes

mrquacker
Explorer
Explorer
Don't have any idea on where to park, but while at the Peabody, say quack to the ducks.

mfox20
Explorer
Explorer
I like the Mississippi River RV park. It's not the greatest looking place but have stayed in it several times in the last few years while traveling from Fort Worth to Bristol TN. Cost about $28.00 a night and its about a $7.00 cab ride to the Peabody or Beale St area. Never had any issues and will stay again.
Michael

2000 Holiday Rambler Endeavor Gasser
2013 Honda CR-V Toad

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Either place will be good. We love Tom Sawyer, The nice folks there will make provision for you.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

Squealers
Explorer
Explorer
MM,

Yes we will have our toad. I will call them to day and see what I can work out....thanks!

Keith

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, there is an excellent place to store your RV with full hook-ups in Memphis. The Agri-Center RV park near the corner of Walnut Grove and Germantown Rd. It will be about 15 miles to downtown.

Will you have a tow car with you?

If you were driving west on Walnut Grove from the Agri-Center towards downtown, Walnut Grove turns into Union Ave. which is the same street that the Peabody is on. So, it's a straight shot.

I feel the park is safe and there are a lot of full-timers there. The park has over 400 spaces and is open all year.

The Tom Sawyer RV park is on the Arkansas side across the Mississippi River that is a little closer.

Safe travels,
MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins