cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wanna bring a golf cart and a Jeep towed

RJL
Explorer
Explorer
We're selling our vacation home in SW Fla and plan on using our Challenger for future vacations of a month to 6 weeks. I'm thinking I might want to buy a golf cart to bring along with my Jeep towed. Is there a way to do this? Maybe something to put the golf cart on and then hook up the Jeep.
2010 Damon Challenger 368, F-53 Chasis
2010 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon unlimited, Toad
2018 Ram 1500 4x4, Club Cab, 6.4 bed,3.92 gears, 5.7 HEMI
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Wide Body, 6.4 HEMI
46 REPLIES 46

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
The gladiator bed isn't big enough for a golf cart. Golf carts are 8ft long the gladiator bed even with the tailgate down is around 6ft.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
RJL wrote:
We're selling our vacation home in SW Fla and plan on using our Challenger for future vacations of a month to 6 weeks. I'm thinking I might want to buy a golf cart to bring along with my Jeep towed. Is there a way to do this? Maybe something to put the golf cart on and then hook up the Jeep.

Best way is to buy a new Jeep Gladiator PU and for putting the GC in the bed of the truck and it should fit with the tailgate down.
I'd like getting one eventually myself, but won't be buying new.
Big bucks, even used, for my auto budget.
Another way is for pulling a flat bed trailer and for loading them both on it. My SIL has a tent camper on one, as well as his Jeep CJ5.
Once they get where they're going, they off load the Jeep and use the space for lawn chairs and the like.
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

Airdaile
Explorer
Explorer
Something like this would work.

2manytoyz
Explorer
Explorer
Buy a Jeep Gladiator (truck bed Wrangler), and a Cricket golf cart. The Cricket is very compact compared to a standard golf cart for transporting. It expands to a usable size when deployed.

Weighs only 303 pounds! Folds down to 28" high! And it's only 32" Wide!

OR, get a Wrangler, and use a rear hitch mount for the Cricket.

FWIW, I did take my full sized golf cart (900 lbs.) with us when we had a travel trailer. It just fit the 6.5' bed. The tailgate had to be removed otherwise it could have impact the trailer in a tight turn.

Robert
Merritt Island, FL
2023 Thor Quantum KW29
2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TOAD
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon TOAD
Falcon 2 Towbar, Roadmaster 9400 Even Brake System
http://www.2manytoyz.com/

stvdman
Explorer
Explorer
Jeep Gladiator then put golf cart in the back. 😉

Ed_Gee
Explorer II
Explorer II
If the OP's Jeep can handle the hitch weight, a mini golf cart on a carrier on back of jeep might work. Mini Golf Carts
Ed - on the Central Oregon coast
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
dodge guy wrote:
Swivel wheel trailer

I've seen these a few times on the road and in a campground

That's a pretty cool solution. If the OP has a newer Challenger they seem to be rated for 8,000# towing so it would probably work if the tongue weight of the swivel trailer isn't too much.

I see the OP is from my old stomping grounds of Manahawkin, NJ and it also appears that triple towing is illegal in all of the states he would pass through on the way to Florida.

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

valhalla360
Nomad III
Nomad III
A utility trailer for the golf cart and the wife follows driving the jeep.

PS: Swivel wheel trailers are gray area in terms of if they are considered double towing. Also, never seen one where you have a toad behind it.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

I sometimes take my Smart car and race car on an open 20ft Featherlite trailer. AS far as length goes for a long time I towed all over the country at 72ft but with the open I am down to 60ft. Trailer weighs 1800lbs,

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
FIRE UP wrote:
dodge guy wrote:
Look for a rear dolly or platform. Some are attached to the MH at 2 points (2 receivers). And then you can tow off of the platform. You could also get a swivel wheel trailer which has 2 wheels that swivel for backing. You could attach this to the Jeep, they are not considered a trailer.

Well,
The OP's not say what model "Jeep" they're intending on towing but, if it's a Wrangler, you cannot tow it on a dolly. Jeep specifically condemns that in the owners manual. Now, I have no idea what the OP's motorhome is rated at for towing but, one might look into an aluminum flat bed trailer that both might fit on. Then, you'd only have to figure where to park the trailer at in many camp grounds.
Scott

You're not understanding what I'm talking about.

Swivel wheel trailer

I've seen these a few times on e road and in a campground
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Maybe you could get the new Jeep Pickup and put the golf cart in the pickup bed the same way all those NASCAR drivers do with a F150 with a GC in the bed. Tow 4 down and it's all good!
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Simplest solution is to dump the golf cart unless needed for a disability. Get a bike rack and bikes. Perhaps some battery powered bikes.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
RJL wrote:

Couple of problems you're up against.

1. Double towing. Hit or miss on not getting pulled over in states that do not allow such.

2. Towing weight limits of a Ford F53. The Damon is a nice coach but the F53 it's built on is pretty much limited to 5K lbs towing and maybe even less depending on which chassis model. Your at 4,500 lbs for the Jeep add in potentially 1500 lbs for a light trailer and golf cart puts you beyond the chassis limits. Trailing the Jeep and golf cart will put you well beyond the limits of the chassis.

No worries taking one or the other but the only way to safely get by with both is if the someone else drives the Jeep with the golf cart behind it on a trailer.
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
24' tailer.... 14 feet for the jeep, 10 for the golf cart.

do not extend beyond 60 feet total.
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.

FIRE_UP
Explorer
Explorer
dodge guy wrote:
Look for a rear dolly or platform. Some are attached to the MH at 2 points (2 receivers). And then you can tow off of the platform. You could also get a swivel wheel trailer which has 2 wheels that swivel for backing. You could attach this to the Jeep, they are not considered a trailer.

Well,
The OP's not say what model "Jeep" they're intending on towing but, if it's a Wrangler, you cannot tow it on a dolly. Jeep specifically condemns that in the owners manual. Now, I have no idea what the OP's motorhome is rated at for towing but, one might look into an aluminum flat bed trailer that both might fit on. Then, you'd only have to figure where to park the trailer at in many camp grounds.
Scott
Scott and Karla
SDFD RETIRED
2004 Itasca Horizon, 36GD Slate Blue 330 CAT
2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext Cab 4x4 Toad
2008 Caliente Red LVL II GL 1800 Goldwing
KI60ND