cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Water Filter Replacement O Rings

GPWayne
Explorer
Explorer
Just had my MH in the shop. Had the fresh water dump valve and flex line replaced. To do this they had to remove the water control panel (valves, inlet, and filter Assy.) to run the new flex line.

The Good News...The valve can now be opened and closed with ease.

The Bad News...The "O" ring from the filter was lost.

Try to replace on the weekend...NO WAY!:M

Dealer and shop closed.
Camping World will order (Package of 10 @ $16 +shipping?) So no help there.
I packed the filter "can" around from RV stores, Home Depot, Wal-Mart, etc.,etc. Trying to match the "O" ring groove in the "can". Ended up with a Culligan part. From Farm Co-Op. Just a little bigger around, but I was able to FINESSE (as in craftiness & maneuvering) it in place. Then I was able to flush out the red stuff and refill with bleach added to the water, let stand then flush and refill. Then I went on to check out the water heater, pump etc. Ended up working later than I had wished, but us old guys can do that if we want.

Today, Monday, went back to the Winnebago Dealer's shop. I was armed with the part numbers from the build parts list. They ran the number and that was what they had also. They had that part, sound good. I hope so. Free is a fair price considering. Will install with new 10" filter cartridge in the morning.

SHURflow brand...Winnebago part numbers
Filter Assy. 155482-01-01A
"O" Ring 155482-01-700

It seems that many people have a problem getting this "O" ring. Used on many Winnebago MH.
Called SHURflow and they said that Camping World was the ONLY source.
As I said, CW does not stock but will order. They do sell complete filters, DUMB!:S

SEE YOU ALL>>>>DOWN THE ROAD (yes I'm yelling):D
7 REPLIES 7

happy-2
Explorer
Explorer
Ace is the place, if you need anything out of the ordinary.

JimM68
Explorer
Explorer
I had a similar problem.
Solution was to go to Menards and buy a standard whole house filter, and replace the whole thing. New one takes standard cartridges and o rings, can buy them anywhere.
Jim M.
2008 Monaco Knight 40skq, moho #2
The "68"
My very own new forumfirstgens.com

My new blog

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
I've found odd-sized O-rings at industrial parts wholesalers before, although usually you have to place a minimum order, usually $10 to $20. Good places in a pinch.

mtrumpet
Explorer
Explorer
GPWayne..PM sent to you.
Mark & Cherie
2002 Newmar Dutch Star DP 3872, Cummins 350 ISC, Spartan Chassis

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
also try nut and bolt supply stores .

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Did you try a hardware store?
Our local store has a large selection of O rings.
They have a better selection than the Tractor Supply store.

WyoTraveler
Explorer
Explorer
Not just a Winnebago problem. I ordered a culligan O ring from Amazon and it was slightly off size. I googled O rings and started a search. Several companies sell just O rings in every possible size. I suspect most of these filters are made in China. Once you get the right size order several O rings.