cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Water in wet bay

dsisemore1
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2016 Tiffin 36LA. On a recent trip when I stopped for the night at a campground and opened the wet bay to hook-up the water and sewer the bottom of the bay was full of water. It was clean water so I ruled out the black tank leaking.
Checked the water pump it was not on.
Checked the hose inside the bay - was turned off and shower head also off.
Both tanks were completely empty - had dumped prior to leaving the previous stop.
We did go through very bad weather - pulled over three different times because of extreme rain. Is it possible for road water to get inside the bay?
The next three days of travel no problems. No bad weather either.
Anyone experienced this before?

After reading some of the responses
I should have mentioned it was about 3 gallons of water.
My wet bay is just in front of the rear tires.
My bay has the portal at the bottom that screws on and off. It was sealed because the water was full in the bottom of the bay.

The water was not drinking water clean. There was some dirt. I should have said it was not like grey water dirty and definitely not sewer water.

I will try the hose water on the outside of the bay to see if it is sealed. Thanks for your help.
8 REPLIES 8

hotjag1
Explorer II
Explorer II
How full was your fresh water tank at the start of your trip? About a month ago, the cap on my gravity fill water spout was loose and as I drove down the road about a gallon or two of water sloshed out into the wet bay. I now make sure that the fill cap is on tight. Maybe that's what happened with yours.
hotjag1
2003 40' Allegro Bus, 3 slides, 400hp 8.9 liter ISL Cummins

2000 24' Dynamax Isata

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have a short hose in our water bay with an on/off faucet. DH uses that to wash his hands sometimes after dumping and when he shuts it off there is still water in the hose that will drain onto the floor of the water bay. It is clean water from the fresh water tank. Is this what yours is? Did you use that hose? Seems like road spray would be dirty water.

pulsar
Explorer
Explorer
If it was truly clean water, it would not be road water.

Tom
2015 Meridian 36M
2006 CR-V toad
3 golden retrievers (Breeze, Jinks, Razz)
1 border collie (Boogie)

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
If your RV is like mine there is a round portal in the bottom where you unscrew a "plug" and run the sewer hose in to dump.

If this was not properly secured. Very easy for the rear wheels to fill 'er up as it were (Ok not fill it but spray water in).
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

LadyRVer
Explorer II
Explorer II
I had road water get in the bay located in back of the rear tires. Yes, it came from a wet road, so said the dealer. They spayed foam along all the seams.

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
If it hasn't happened since, I would suspect the rain got in there.
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

3_dog_nights
Explorer
Explorer
Is the wet bay fore or aft of the rear wheels?
Bob & Lynn
2 Chihuahua's, Ella, Gracie

was-2013 Open Range 424RLS,06' Chevy 3500, dually, Duramax/Allison

also was - 2015 Winnebago Adventurer 37F, towing 2003 Jeep Wrangler

now - 2021 NoBo 19.5, 2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL (Talk about downsizing!)

BUB1988
Explorer
Explorer
I would try turning on a water hose and spray above the wet bay door to try and duplicate the rain coming in.. It sounds like either there may be a bad seal, loose door, or maybe the door wasn't closed tight during the trip. Good thing is if it's a bad seal it will be under warranty. If possible have a list of repair items and take a trip to Red Bay.