cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Water pressure

Kilgorehorn
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2000 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser DP.
My hot water pressure at all the faucets has dropped to a trickle.
Does anyone have any idea where I should start looking for the problem?
This happens on city water and with onboard water pump.
2000 Gulfstream Scenicruiser 39'
2011 Ford Flex
1946 DH
1952 DW
2008 Yorkie
8 REPLIES 8

Kilgorehorn
Explorer
Explorer
I located the check valve and it was broken so I removed it and now have good pressure.
Thanks to all who helped.
2011 Ford Flex
1946 DH
1952 DW
2008 Yorkie

Ex-Tech
Explorer
Explorer
The valve at the rear of the water heater on the outlet.side is a check valve, not a pressure valve as previously mentioned.
This is your problem. It is part of the winterizing bypass system. If you never winterize, just eliminate the valve with a standard nipple. Be sure it is brass.

Kilgorehorn
Explorer
Explorer
The problem in not the aerators because cold water flow is fine at all faucets.
I will look at the check valve on the tank tomorrow.
2011 Ford Flex
1946 DH
1952 DW
2008 Yorkie

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
larry cad wrote:
Check at each faucet. Unscrew the aerator nozzle from each faucet and clean out the screen. They frequently get clogged.

This is the first place to start....easy/simple

BUT if cold water flow at faucet is normal then it's the check valve on WH. It is inside the nipple screwed into tank at the top-hot outlet.
They are a plastic plunger/spring/o-ring type check valve and can get clogged, plunger moved off center and/or o-ring fail. They are junk.

To get to them you have to disconnect hot water line from nipple and then remove the nipple. Most times it's easier to remove the clip that holds spring/plunger in place and the just remove the internals leaving nipple in place.
Then install another shut-off valve in hot outlet vs replacing the junk check valve.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

larry_cad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Check at each faucet. Unscrew the aerator nozzle from each faucet and clean out the screen. They frequently get clogged.
Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog

Kilgorehorn
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the ideas. I,ll see if I can find that valve.
2011 Ford Flex
1946 DH
1952 DW
2008 Yorkie

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
old guy wrote:
sounds like the pressure valve in the back of the water heater is plugged up. they do that on occasion. I think it is from the minerals in the water which are affected by the heat of the heater. it make the minerals crystallize and thus plug up that valve.
X-2, I agree start at the water heater and work toward the faucet!

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
sounds like the pressure valve in the back of the water heater is plugged up. they do that on occasion. I think it is from the minerals in the water which are affected by the heat of the heater. it make the minerals crystallize and thus plug up that valve.