cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class A MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch, so I thought I would start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
5,655 REPLIES 5,655

StevenMarla
Explorer
Explorer
Took my new Coleman Roadtrip XLE to the Hurricane 34B & discovered that there isn't a compartment the Q fits in. Aargh!

Kevgrn114
Explorer
Explorer
All stained and ready!

Kevgrn114
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks! YEs I built it. I've been remodeling our RV to fit our needs. You can see the whole remodel here:

RV Remodel

mmiille wrote:
Did you build this? It looks great!

mmiille
Explorer
Explorer
Did you build this? It looks great!

Kevgrn114 wrote:
Here is the RV kitchen island.. Ready for staining. in its driving position.

Here it is in its half open postion.

Here it is fully open.

Martin & Cheryl
40 Foot 2009 Damon Tuscany 4076
Cummins 360, Hyundai Santa Fe
Full timing since 2010.

ctpres
Explorer
Explorer
Cleaned hot coffee off kitchen cabinet, floor and carpet. Dumb me put filter in maker without basket!!!!Good Morning.
A "Retired" Mind is a Terrible Thing to Waste
Chuck USNR, USAF & USCGA and Suzie
Challenger Owners Club

2015 Thor Challenger 37KT
2014 Ford Fiesta
2011 Sea Eagle 385 FT kayak
2009 Polaris RZR
2014 Zenetto Stealth road bike

PSU_RVr
Explorer
Explorer
Yesterday I made a spare door keys (wow are they expensive - $8!). Today, added air to tires in preparation for the trip to Disney.
Newmar Canyon Star 3920 Toy Hauler
Where it's been, the crew -Bandit, Morgan, Sherman. It:

Kevgrn114
Explorer
Explorer
Here is the RV kitchen island.. Ready for staining. in its driving position.

Here it is in its half open postion.

Here it is fully open.

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
I had the Dynasty washed the other day so I spent yesterday and today hand waxing the whole coach myself. I used Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax w/hydrophonbic Polymer Technology (what it says on the bottle). It was easy to use and it made the coach look real nice.

I consider it a good upper body workout! LOL!

MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

dave_from_mesa
Explorer
Explorer
Tom
We bought what you have. 2011 HR Endeavor 43DFT
Will take delivery Tue or Wed. Can't wait.
Big upgrade from our 01 Allegro Bus.
Love the floor plan.
dave from mesa
Dave & Judy
2011 HR Endeavor 43DFT
2007 Honda CR-V as a toad
Vietnam Vets. Contact the VA if you have prostate cancer or type 2 diabetes you may get compensation.

CampingJumble
Explorer
Explorer
tropical36 wrote:
xctraveler wrote:
tropical36 wrote:
xctraveler wrote:
More repairs, minimal mods. Bedroom Slideout motor failed, had mobile tech (H & H Truck Service Fort Stockton TX) retract slide and drove to Las Cruces had Sunland RV order new motor and install. Also had them install new Trojan T105s as old ones were failing after almost 8 years - can't complain although I am less than thrilled with the price I paid and the way they did the install. They routed the cables so I will need to remove them in order to check water level.

Replaced more lights with LEDS. Waiting for some switches from Fleetwood to replace worn switches.

I certainly wouldn't be thrilled with the price either and not to be critical here, but are you capable of doing any of this yourself?
For instance, I can manually crank my slide in about the same amount of time it takes to get some tools from the bottom of my tool box. I can change the power gear motor/gearbox assembly for the slide room in less than half an hour conservatively. The last time I changed out my house batteries, was in a WA State Sam's club parking lot, during lunch and while DW was in the store shopping. Don't have to move anything to check the water level either, but do keep a mirror in that location, so as to see better.

I have a very sore wrist and have had back problems in the past. I am not likely to try to move heavy batteries into an awkward location (under the top step in the entryway). The cost of the mechanic is much less than the deductible on my health insurance not to mention the loss of time. Once I relocate the cables I won't need to move anything or use a mirror. As for the slide, now that I have seen what is involved I can certainly hand crank a room in or out. As for changing out the motor and gearbox I am sure I could do it, but again the labor charge was by far the smallest part of the expense in this case. I cannot believe what I was charged for the motor and gear case - over $500. Shop time was an hour.

Sorry to hear of your medical problems.
Do have to say, that you really lucked out with the motor/gearbox ass'y, if it was a new one, cuz you could easily pay a $1000 for one. I think I stole mine from a dealer for $675 and sold my old one for parts to a member here.

You guys all have some very nice rides.

Also sorry about your condition.

Where are you guys usually buying your RV's from?

BigRabbitMan
Explorer
Explorer
Removed radiator hoses and exhaust system getting ready to remove engine.
BigRabbitMan
Gas to Diesel Conversion project
76 FMC #1046, Gas Pusher became a Diesel Pusher
Discussion thread on this site
"You're never too old to learn something stupid."

tyoungs
Explorer
Explorer
Dave - more details on the new coach!!!
Tom & Mary plus Lilli the Havanese
2017 Entegra Aspire 44B,
450 Cummins, Spartan K2
HRRVC #106803
2017 Buick Enclave toad:)
RV.NET Rallies attended - 6

dave_from_mesa
Explorer
Explorer
Just bought a new one. :B
dave from mesa
Dave & Judy
2011 HR Endeavor 43DFT
2007 Honda CR-V as a toad
Vietnam Vets. Contact the VA if you have prostate cancer or type 2 diabetes you may get compensation.

ctpres
Explorer
Explorer
Unpacked brand new lift top coffee table and alrady enjoying it as a computer table in front of couch. Cool piece of furniture.
A "Retired" Mind is a Terrible Thing to Waste
Chuck USNR, USAF & USCGA and Suzie
Challenger Owners Club

2015 Thor Challenger 37KT
2014 Ford Fiesta
2011 Sea Eagle 385 FT kayak
2009 Polaris RZR
2014 Zenetto Stealth road bike

jassrnj
Explorer
Explorer
Just got it back from the shop ... New rear bushings, all new Koni shocks, all fluids changed, emergency brake adjusted and state inspection. Just getting it ready for spring.